45kg LPG tanks

Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future
Default 45kg LPG tanks

We are moving into a new rental property which has hot water and cooking supplied by 2 45kg LPG tanks, does anyone know the cost to have these filled and roughly how long they will last - I know it will depend on how much cooking and hot water we use!! - we are a family of 5. We live in Geraldton 450 Km North of Perth
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:38 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: 45kg LPG tanks

Originally Posted by buchanan
We are moving into a new rental property which has hot water and cooking supplied by 2 45kg LPG tanks, does anyone know the cost to have these filled and roughly how long they will last - I know it will depend on how much cooking and hot water we use!! - we are a family of 5. We live in Geraldton 450 Km North of Perth
My next door neighbour has those, I was about to ask him, but just remembered they have nipped off for another 4 week holiday...

Have a look at http://www.blueskyenergy.com.au/Down...ng%20Costs.pdf

About $68 a tank., but I've seen $120 mentioned in some areas.

Between 1 month and 1 year to use a single tank has also been bandied about.

Sorry, not much help.

Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

On "average " two to four refills a year

check with Kleenheat in Geraldton but I think its about $110 (per cyl ) for them to come out and switch them unless they have a refill truck which will charge by the litre.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Get them to give you a quote for a 1000Ltr static tank, allows you to fill when the prices are low and are charged per Kilo
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

Having them filled will cost about a 90c a litre and a bottle lasts us about 6 weeks. This is for cooking and hot water.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:19 am
Banned

Sfephen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All did anyone have an idea of the cost to replace/refill these 45KG Tanks?

I was told that you should expect a 45KG Tank to last 3 Years if all you use is a Gas Hob.. Any confirmation of this?

Thanks in advance if you can let me know the refill charge
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sfephen
Hi All did anyone have an idea of the cost to replace/refill these 45KG Tanks?

I was told that you should expect a 45KG Tank to last 3 Years if all you use is a Gas Hob.. Any confirmation of this?

Thanks in advance if you can let me know the refill charge
Our last 45kg was $125. The first one lasted dead on 2 years just using it for the stove.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Our last 45kg was $125. The first one lasted dead on 2 years just using it for the stove.
Thanks moneypenny20

Has any one filled their 45KG Tank at the Service Station? Seems that a 45kg Tank filled for $125 would cost closer to $40 if you could fill it yourself?

Just a thought
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

OzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really nice

Universal LPG and automotive LPG are different. Not sure but probably due to levels of butane this means the combustion of the gas will not be complete due to air/gas mix. Additionally 45kg tanks have a different connection to service station bowser.

Thanks moneypenny20

Has any one filled their 45KG Tank at the Service Station? Seems that a 45kg Tank filled for $125 would cost closer to $40 if you could fill it yourself?

Just a thought
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

Thanks moneypenny20

Just a thought
It's not cheaper once you have paid the fine (up to $10,000 I think)
It's illegal and a different mix of gas.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:04 am
Banned

Thanks for the thoughts