457ie visa

Old Mar 9th 2003, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457ie visa

Hi everyone,
We applied for our visa on 22/1/03 and are now at the' can't talk (or think) about anything else' stage!
Anyone at a similar point,or even been approved?
We are hopefully heading to Bundaberg or Rockhampton areas- still seems like a dream!

Julie and Alex
Old Mar 9th 2003, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi Julie and Alex

We too applied 21/01/03 and had a letter asking us to do our medicals last week. They are booked for next week so we are really getting excited now. We are hoping to go to Busselton in Western Australia and yes we are talking about nothing else all the time. Hope you hear soon then all you have to plan is getting yourselves over there. Good Luck

Jan :-)
Old Mar 9th 2003, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

levelheaded is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457ie visa

Originally posted by alextoo
Hi everyone,
We applied for our visa on 22/1/03 and are now at the' can't talk (or think) about anything else' stage!
Anyone at a similar point,or even been approved?
We are hopefully heading to Bundaberg or Rockhampton areas- still seems like a dream!

Julie and Alex

We sent ours and arrived at the Australian High commision on the 6th February. We have our x-rays and medical for our 11 year old tomorrow. Thought we would do it now and send it off to speed things up a bit, as we have heard that other people who have sent for a 457IE and sent medicals with it, had theirs through in 28 working days.
We too are at that walking around in limbo stage, and having no interest to do anything else, but eat sleep and talk Australia.
We are initially landing at Perth, then going on to Mandurah, to stay with my Brother and his wife for a few days and make our way round a bit and have a look for a business.
Although it is all a bit scary:scared: :scared:
I will be glad when we are there and can start our new future, as I really can't be bothered here now to do anything.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 457ie visa

We sent off our application on 20th Feb. We did include the X-rays/medicals with it. Although I've seen some recent posts with positive results within 28 working days (lucky so and sos!!), we've been advised 8 to 12 weeks is the 'expected' timeframe.

I'm like a kid waiting for xmas - only 8 weeks, 5 days and 6 hours to go (but who's counting?)!!!!!
Old Mar 9th 2003, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Default 457ie

We also sent our x-rays and childrens medicals with the application to hopefully speed things up. We also read about the 28 days- can this be right? If so we are a little concerned-why haven't WE heard anything? Oh well - keep calm! SO long for now

Julie and Alex
Old Mar 9th 2003, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Did everyone use Agents? If so how were you told you would be notified of the outcome?
What was your business plan like? We didn't see ours until after it had been sent in and when we did we were horrified - only one sheet of A4 paper,no figures and this included my background history!
Julie and Alex
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by alextoo
Did everyone use Agents? If so how were you told you would be notified of the outcome?
What was your business plan like? We didn't see ours until after it had been sent in and when we did we were horrified - only one sheet of A4 paper,no figures and this included my background history!
Julie and Alex
We used Go Matilda. My business plan ran to approx 20 pages, including detailed financial projections, etc - and was organised into sections around the visa requirements. I must say it looked good. Alan Collett did a good job.

From what you've mentioned, this sounds a little skimpy. You may well get asked for further information. However, I guess it depends entirely on the business you're looking to run - and I would have thought your migration agent would know what was sufficient.

What are you looking to do?

Kev
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

We are looking to open a white goods retail store, which we have
done before. How about you?
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Alextoo,

Are you saying that someone else put your business plan together and didn't show you until after the application had gone in??????
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

We're trying to keeep ourselves focussed on the task ahead. Our appl. will have been in 4 weeks in Wednesday, and we plan to put the house up for sale as soon as the visa is received. We're painting like mad.

Yesterday, we did the first of a series of car boot sales to get rid of all the non essential stuff, and faxing the Ad Mag with long lists.

The whole thing won't seem real until the house is sold and the flights booked though..
Old Mar 10th 2003, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sundarize
We're trying to keeep ourselves focussed on the task ahead. Our appl. will have been in 4 weeks in Wednesday, and we plan to put the house up for sale as soon as the visa is received. We're painting like mad.

Yesterday, we did the first of a series of car boot sales to get rid of all the non essential stuff, and faxing the Ad Mag with long lists.

The whole thing won't seem real until the house is sold and the flights booked though..
Are you planning to go as soon as ...? We're looking at an August move because of my son's GCSEs etc.

I believe you can physically move at anytime within the 4 years of the temp visa, but does anyone know the situation/ implications e.g. tax, residency status, etc) if one member of the family goes in advance of the others. For example, I'm thinking of going over in May/June (providing the visa arrives) to sort out things such as house, car, business address, etc - but not actually starting the business until later in the year.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Doreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

We put our application in through an agent - 19/02/03. We were told there was an 8 week backlog due to the changes that were due to take place re the Exec visa on 1st March. We are just waiting (with everything crossed!). Our agent said if all was ok we would be asked for our Xrays. Just waiting for the call............

Good luck everybody!

Doreen
Old Mar 10th 2003, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by kevmitch
Are you planning to go as soon as ...? We're looking at an August move because of my son's GCSEs etc.

I believe you can physically move at anytime within the 4 years of the temp visa, but does anyone know the situation/ implications e.g. tax, residency status, etc) if one member of the family goes in advance of the others. For example, I'm thinking of going over in May/June (providing the visa arrives) to sort out things such as house, car, business address, etc - but not actually starting the business until later in the year.

We're hoping (planning) to be going September / October time. Our kids are only 4 and 10months so we're looking at the eldest getting back into school after Christmas.

I'm also looking at a short trip on my own in May / June to begin making contacts. (Wifes aunty lives in Darlington Adelaide so probably stay there). We all intend to go together when everything is set.

I am also in need of some info re activating visa and procedures for travel pre-settlement.

Also, where do we need to apply for a permit to buy property?
Old Mar 10th 2003, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sundarize
We're hoping (planning) to be going September / October time. Our kids are only 4 and 10months so we're looking at the eldest getting back into school after Christmas.

I'm also looking at a short trip on my own in May / June to begin making contacts. (Wifes aunty lives in Darlington Adelaide so probably stay there). We all intend to go together when everything is set.

I am also in need of some info re activating visa and procedures for travel pre-settlement.

Also, where do we need to apply for a permit to buy property?

I can help you with the address for buying a property. You need to contact The Foreign Investment Board, Department of the Treasury, Parkes Place, ACT 2600. Tel 02-6263 3795. www.firb.gov.au

If you find out anything on the status for 'going solo' let me know - and I'll do the same. If nothing else I should get an answer from our migration agent - I'm seeing him at Sandown this week-end at the Emigrate exhibition.

Best wishes

Kev
Old Mar 10th 2003, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi sundarize,

Yes we didn't see the plan until after it had been submitted. The agent said' Don't Worry' just give me all the info you have and i'll prepare it! We're still worrying though!

see you Julie and Alex