Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 who when where..

457 who when where..

Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default 457 who when where..

hi all those in limbo land

who else is waiting for or has just got their 457 visa... Just wondering how long its currently taking, any hiccups and where and when are you all going?

ours was lodged two weeks ago and hope to be heading to Brisbane at the end of October...but cant book shippers flights etc til it is issued
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:16 pm
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all
Default Re: 457 who when where..

Mine was approved in less than 2 weeks after it was submitted
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Wink Re: 457 who when where..

There's always a gloater....Green with envy that means ours would go through monday am crossing everything!!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:20 pm
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all

Originally Posted by heldownunder
There's always a gloater....Green with envy that means ours would go through monday am crossing everything!!
You asked fella
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Yep i asked....

Ok two weeks in and our agent rang immi today and said there are no issues and it should be finalised in the next couple of days...then chaos begins:-)))

Howz everyone else doing with theirs???
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

. . . what?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Ok what as well

What what???
What job??
What mentalstate??
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Well I am waiting on my 457 coming through. The company submitted it about two months ago for perth (1st part). I have not heard anything since apart from we are still waiting for the government to get back to us. They had to apply to be sponsors as they had not done it before.

All seems to be taking too long to me but hey ho. I am sure something well happen eventually.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Oh dear that is a long time...mr kilt

Do you have to do things like hand notices in, sell homes???

What industry are you in? Do you have a migration agent??

Fingers crossed
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:21 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Kilt
Well I am waiting on my 457 coming through. The company submitted it about two months ago for perth (1st part). I have not heard anything since apart from we are still waiting for the government to get back to us. They had to apply to be sponsors as they had not done it before.

All seems to be taking too long to me but hey ho. I am sure something well happen eventually.
Yes, getting the initial approval to be a sponsor takes longer these days as they are trying to tighten up the leaks of people scamming the system.
I would just ask for a weekly update so that you can plan accordingly.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by heldownunder
Oh dear that is a long time...mr kilt

Do you have to do things like hand notices in, sell homes???

What industry are you in? Do you have a migration agent??

Fingers crossed
Luckily we have already sold up so all I have to do is hand in my notice here.

I work in IT. The company are handling it on their own so I guess that will add to the delays. Fun and games

Where you heading to? Do you still have a place to sell etc?

Good luck to you. Hope it all goes well

Originally Posted by paddyo
Yes, getting the initial approval to be a sponsor takes longer these days as they are trying to tighten up the leaks of people scamming the system.
I would just ask for a weekly update so that you can plan accordingly.
Cheers Paddyo I was beggining to think the company had changed their minds. Good to know this wait is normal these days.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:26 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will also find, that if you are not UK based, it can take longer for the various checks etc as well, even if you are a UK citizen.

We were admittedly applying just over 3 years ago, but at the time we were in Holland, another couple in Prague & another in France & they all had a longer turn around time than UK based applicants.

Also my boss was an absolute pillock and he took months just to fill in and return all the required paperwork. my 457 took 12 months from start to finish

(but on the plus side, our ENS from temp to PR only took about 5 days)
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by furkew
I think you will also find, that if you are not UK based, it can take longer for the various checks etc as well, even if you are a UK citizen.

We were admittedly applying just over 3 years ago, but at the time we were in Holland, another couple in Prague & another in France & they all had a longer turn around time than UK based applicants.

Also my boss was an absolute pillock and he took months just to fill in and return all the required paperwork. my 457 took 12 months from start to finish

(but on the plus side, our ENS from temp to PR only took about 5 days)

Yeah I get the impression our application could be a long one. The compnay I am going to be working for are mad busy and really short staffed so I imagine it will be in someones inbox waiting to be picked up.

12 months is certainly a lenghty one. Hats off to you for your patience. How did you cope with the waiting?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I'm looking to try and transfer my 457 at the moment. I've interviewed with some companies that have never sponsored. How are you guys finding it getting the employers to register? Is it true that they have to spend 1% of payroll on training every year? Seems quite onerous.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:21 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I get the impression our application could be a long one. The compnay I am going to be working for are mad busy and really short staffed so I imagine it will be in someones inbox waiting to be picked up.

12 months is certainly a lenghty one. Hats off to you for your patience. How did you cope with the waiting?
We didnt have much choice but to sit and wait for them. My proffession is a little vague when applying for sponsorship, so I didnt have companies lining up to sponsor me, and I couldnt apply for PR because I dont have a job on the skills list.

I think it did help when I rang up after 9 months and told them to stick it where the sun dont shine, and all of a sudden the paperwork was filled in & the application got moving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.