457 Visa Meds

Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Talking 457 Visa Meds

Meds received at LCU Sydney today, they are the only documents outstanding on our visa application. Does anybody have any experience of how long the process might take once the meds have cleared? We are hoping to leave beginning of August, is this us living in lala land?! Well that's if house sale is ever sorted!! Amazingly still on course for completion at end of July but there is time for it to go wrong yet!

Any advice on visa appreciated, we are hoping to be able to get stickers in passports before we leave to avoid having to buy return flights.

Good luck everybody else with your own visa's.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant future
Default Re: 457 Visa Meds

Originally Posted by shonalouise
Meds received at LCU Sydney today, they are the only documents outstanding on our visa application. Does anybody have any experience of how long the process might take once the meds have cleared? We are hoping to leave beginning of August, is this us living in lala land?! Well that's if house sale is ever sorted!! Amazingly still on course for completion at end of July but there is time for it to go wrong yet!

Any advice on visa appreciated, we are hoping to be able to get stickers in passports before we leave to avoid having to buy return flights.

Good luck everybody else with your own visa's.
It depends on your CO and which centre you lodged the application. Some take a week or 2, for some strange reason mine took 6 weeks from the date Meds were finalised and that was with the help from my sponsor. As for the Visa stamp, from what I understand, you don't get a stamp until you arrive and go to the local DIMIA office. When your Visa is granted, you just get an acknowledgement e-mail and that's it. Hopefully someone else can clarify this more.
Good luck with the house sale. I'm still waiting for a buyer, on market now for 12 weeks and already changed EA. Still if I can't sell I'll rent it out.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

Our CO is XXXXXX at Parramatta Sydney, she does seem pretty efficient and has replied promptly to my many e-mails!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 18th 2006 at 2:11 am. Reason: Please respect the privacy of case officers and don't name them!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

It shouldn't be long now . You don't get any visa stamp with a 457 it is all held on the computer system at immigration. I would take along your confimation e-mail just for peace of mind but the actual visa is put in once you arrive and go to the DIMA office.
Enjoy.
Nicky