Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 visa after meds

457 visa after meds

Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:51 am
Just Joined

seven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa after meds

any one has any idea how long it,s take to get the visa after meds are send. the doc send ours last monday. any idea how long the meds will be process by LCU hope we soon get the visa. cheers
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: 457 visa after meds

Originally Posted by seven
any one has any idea how long it,s take to get the visa after meds are send. the doc send ours last monday. any idea how long the meds will be process by LCU hope we soon get the visa. cheers
Sorry can't answer your question but I am on the same wait. Lodged my application online on Tuesday and frontloaded meds. The results for them camethrough and were sent on Thursday.

Could this be a race to the tape.

Debs
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

In straightforward cases most 457 visas seem to be granted within 8 weeks from lodging the online application and often quicker than that.

If everything is ticky boo on meds it's a very short time normally. Watch your email
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say we got ours within 2 weeks of submitting the meds.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

thanks all of you i just can,t wait .i will start to check email every morning. i am so excited now. one more thing do you need ta get stamp visa in your passport? as i heard you can get it when you get in aussie
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

They send you the visa grant letter with the email.
You just need to print this off and present it with your passports at the airport when you land.

You then have 1 month to go along to any DIMIA office to have the official visa label put in your passport.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bix
They send you the visa grant letter with the email.
You just need to print this off and present it with your passports at the airport when you land.

You then have 1 month to go along to any DIMIA office to have the official visa label put in your passport.
Thanks for that. The employer wants me to start work near enough as soon as i land and didn't realise I had to do this. Is there anything else that I need to do when I get there (i.e. tax office)

Debs
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

thanks

that,s so helpfull as i want get there as soon as possible. i just can,t wait.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

andyspud is an unknown quantity at this point

hello we too are waiting for the 457 . application status web site Say's medical requirements finalised now it's driving us nuts just waiting, we check email even through the night!
we had an email from our case officer to say as soon as they had that it would be granted. that was last Wednesday. hopefully none of us will have to wait too much longer.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Thanks for that. The employer wants me to start work near enough as soon as i land and didn't realise I had to do this. Is there anything else that I need to do when I get there (i.e. tax office)

Debs
Top of the list:-
Somewhere to live
Bank account.....roll into any with your passport as ID.
Tax file number....online application but you can't do it til you are in Aus. Usually taked 10 days to come through but that doesn't hold you back at all.
Medicare.....it's about 17 days after landing you can sign up.
Private Health ? .....depends on your agreement with your sponsor.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

think we are almost in the same boat. it,s so hard to wait you can even go mad. hopfull u will get an email soon. good lucky to all of waiting
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Top of the list:-
Somewhere to live
Bank account.....roll into any with your passport as ID.
Tax file number....online application but you can't do it til you are in Aus. Usually taked 10 days to come through but that doesn't hold you back at all.
Medicare.....it's about 17 days after landing you can sign up.
Private Health ? .....depends on your agreement with your sponsor.
Thanks for that. Can we get medicare as on a 457? Didn't think we could. Must remember the driving licence as well.

Debs
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Yes you can get Medicare (if you qualify) to a limited degree.
This link will tell you all about it....
http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...rseas/vtta.htm

You can drive indefinitely whilst on a 457 temp visa on a UK drivers licence which is classed as an International drivers licence.

However obtaining an Aus licence is darned handy for ID purposes.

Method of getting one will depend on which state you are going.

Some you need to pass a theory test, others you just get one based on having a UK licence.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Hi Seven

You should hear soon. Our meds were sent Fri 26.05.06, 457 visas granted Tues 13.06.06. So just over 2 weeks.
Good Luck

Leigh
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Hi Seven

You should hear soon. Our meds were sent Fri 26.05.06, 457 visas granted Tues 13.06.06. So just over 2 weeks.
Good Luck

Leigh
Hi Leigh

How long did the process take all together? I frontloaded meds so not sure how long visa process takes.

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.