457 visa

Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

australia11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa

Hi Folks,

We now have how 457 visa, granted this week, so plenty to do. heading too Bunbury wa, yipeeeeeeee.

Andy..
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 visa

congrats. Do you have any idea when you are flying out? Do you have much to sort - house to rent/sell, cars to get rid off etc - before you leave?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

longshanks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by australia11
Hi Folks,

We now have how 457 visa, granted this week, so plenty to do. heading too Bunbury wa, yipeeeeeeee.

Andy..
(Hi - this is my first post)

Do you mind me asking how long your 457 took before being granted?
I received word that the immigration department received our application on 4th July and was told it would take approx 6 weeks.

Just wondering how long others generally had to wait.
Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by longshanks

I received word that the immigration department received our application on 4th July and was told it would take approx 6 weeks.

Thanks
Hi, hows was lodged on 2nd june granted on 11th july. were you looking at moving too. And good luck..
Andy..
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
congrats. Do you have any idea when you are flying out? Do you have much to sort - house to rent/sell, cars to get rid off etc - before you leave?
Hi, yes we got all those things too do. looking moving end of sept.cant wait.
Andy.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

longshanks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by australia11
Hi, hows was lodged on 2nd june granted on 11th july. were you looking at moving too. And good luck..
Andy..
Andy - thanks for the reply.
Few more questions if you don't mind ()

- Did you have any communication between lodging and the application being granted?
- Do you know if the company your going to work with already pre-approved? (Mine was previously on the list - but i understand it had expired so they had to re-apply)..... this might make a difference to the timescale

We're going to Sydney. The company is in the Fire Engineering field and is based right in the city centre
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longshanks

Thanks
All timelines are different - some can take days, others months. Even a CO cannot predict how long.