457 despair

Old Aug 26th 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light
Default 457 despair

I was so looking forward to a new life in Perth when I had a phonecall late one Sunday evening a few months ago asking me if I wanted a job working for a company I knew over there (I do work for their London office as a freelancer). Anyway, they did the nomination, all accpeted for both myself and a guy from Leeds, we both applied same day for our 457 visa and his came through after three weeks. I am still waiting and I am sure my case officer has deliberately put me to the bottom of the pile due to me asking a couple of times on email politely if she could let me know if she has everything she needs as I don't want to wait eight weeks to be told I didn't fill something out I should have done, or attached something.

Not a thing, two of her colleagues have both asked her to process me as soon as possible.....nothing is happening and I am at the point now where I am feeling so negative where I wonder if I should just walk away from the whole thing. I just feel like its never going to happen....I mean my case officer is called CXXXX and one has to ask.....has anyone ever met a nice CXXXX? Isnt it a bit like Cruella?

I just feel like i am looking bad to my new employer, the fact the other guy was processed over a month ago and is likely there by now and all I am getting is phonecalls and emails asking me if I have heard...as if I wouldn't have shouted it from the rooftops.

I have given up my home, my clients and am now just renting room here in Brighton until I go.....my case is packed, as soon as visa is approved I can get on a plane and go.

I just wonder, has anyone else gotten to the point where they have felt like walking away? That maybe all that excitement has gone and when the vis does come through, does it come back as at the minute I don't feel remotely excited, just all negative with a desire to put foot up immigration ladies bottom

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 26th 2006 at 7:59 am. Reason: removal of CO's name
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:13 am
Just Joined

brisbymob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 despair

My own experience of waiting for 457 was about 7 weeks and then they asked for the kids to get meds .So hang in there im sure all will be fine
Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We had a case of a long delay on a 457 for no apparent reason.

The GM picked up the phoned and spoke to someone in authority at DIMIA. He was very polite but firm in pointing out the delay was actually affecting our business as we did not have the skilled staff we needed.

He suggested that if a decision was not made soon he would have to talk directly to the immigration minister to ask why Australian business was being affected by shortcomings in their department due to tardiness.

He was careful not to push for the approval but only the decision.

The visa grant came through the next day.

A 457 visa receives priority over nearly all other visas as it is only a temporary status and for jobs that need filling quickly.

If yours is taking a long time for no apparent reason get the sponsor to phone DIMIA. Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

camel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nicecamel80 is just really nice

Thanks for this tip Bix. I'm experiencing delays with my 457. Just called the perth office and there is a 4 - 6 week delay. Even though my application was couried 7 days ago it was only registered as received at the office yesterday. So thats one week lost. I'll defo have to get my company to call up to speed things up.

thanks again

Originally Posted by Bix
We had a case of a long delay on a 457 for no apparent reason.

The GM picked up the phoned and spoke to someone in authority at DIMIA. He was very polite but firm in pointing out the delay was actually affecting our business as we did not have the skilled staff we needed.

He suggested that if a decision was not made soon he would have to talk directly to the immigration minister to ask why Australian business was being affected by shortcomings in their department due to tardiness.

He was careful not to push for the approval but only the decision.

The visa grant came through the next day.

A 457 visa receives priority over nearly all other visas as it is only a temporary status and for jobs that need filling quickly.

If yours is taking a long time for no apparent reason get the sponsor to phone DIMIA. Good luck.