Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 baggage allowance

457 baggage allowance

Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 457 baggage allowance

who got it ????

who with ????

and how much ????

cheers

tiffany xxx
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 baggage allowance

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
who got it ????

who with ????

and how much ????

cheers

tiffany xxx
20kg only for us, nobody would give us the full allowance. It is very rare to get the increased allowance on a 457.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i know some people have manged to get it

its worth a try !
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:50 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's luck of the draw or if you have the 'right manner' when you call the airline direct. People have got it, you may hve o call up a few times until you speak to tht 'angel' who agrees to let you have the increase!

We didn't get it, on 457, I tried once, couldn't be ar*** after that and shipped most of it via the container!

Carmel
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

I dont know where yuo're going but if you fly Air Newzealand

http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/

via USA (LAX) although it is a slightly longer flight you get 46Kg p/p allowance as standard whatever visa
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:20 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
I dont know where yuo're going but if you fly Air Newzealand

http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/

via USA (LAX) although it is a slightly longer flight you get 46Kg p/p allowance as standard whatever visa
In fact any airline going via the US gives everybody at least 46kg. broken record.......broken record........

Buzzy
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
In fact any airline going via the US gives everybody at least 46kg. broken record.......broken record........

Buzzy
very broken record!!! buzzy !

will be coming via far east
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

very broken record!!! buzzy !

will be coming via far east
Then you get everything you deserve as far as small baggage allowances go!

Asia is fantastic for stopovers, and great for a shorter trip, but to be avoided if baggage weight is a concern.

Buzzy
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

ashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really nice

27kg checked in, 7kg hand bag, approx 3kg stuffed into overcoat's pockets Single person, one-way ticket LHR - SIN - BNE on SG economy, checked in 4 hours before flight. Not a problem at all. Hand bag was not weighed.

Someone here said SG say 20kg, allow upto 25kg routinely, and allow upto 30kg discretionally. It just depends on your charm at the check-in desk. Make them want your repeat business...
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

i can be very very charming when i want to be xx
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

who got it ????

who with ????

and how much ????

cheers

tiffany xxx
we flew singapore they were the only ones that confirmed via email that they would give an additional 5kg to the 20kg. Better thannoting. Contact them via web whoever you fly with and you may have some joy that way. Print it off and have it with you just in case at airport. We had no problems.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by carmele
I think it's luck of the draw or if you have the 'right manner' when you call the airline direct. People have got it, you may hve o call up a few times until you speak to tht 'angel' who agrees to let you have the increase!

We didn't get it, on 457, I tried once, couldn't be ar*** after that and shipped most of it via the container!

Carmel
This is true. Ring them afew times. We rang 3 times..on the third time they let us have more allowance.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
This is true. Ring them afew times. We rang 3 times..on the third time they let us have more allowance.
I wrote about 4 emails - tiresome but worth it....
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Buzzy
I know you've said it before and I'm sure you're absolutely correct, but I've yet to find any other airline offering this route in any of the searches I've done!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:17 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by windog
I know you've said it before and I'm sure you're absolutely correct, but I've yet to find any other airline offering this route in any of the searches I've done!
There's loads of them - BA/Qantas, Air New Zealand, United. Ring travelmood - www.travelmood.com

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.