Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 Baggage allowance?

457 Baggage allowance?

Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:07 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of
Default Re: 457 Baggage allowance?

hi

speak Singapore Airlines, they will give you 40kgs with a visa, and they are a much nicer airline than BA.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
hi

speak Singapore Airlines, they will give you 40kgs with a visa, and they are a much nicer airline than BA.
I called SA yesterday, they were not willing to give us extra allowance on our 457! Maybe I will call again and try someone else.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:23 am
Just Joined

flickander is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike

We arrarrived in Perth on 11th and no problems with the 40kg allowance emirates gave us. They were very good and would recommend them to all.

Good luck
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

I phoned both singapore airlines and emirates yesterday and singapore said they let you go up to 25kg and 20kg for emirates. They both said under no circumstances on a 457 visa will i get 40 kgs and if i go over at the airport it will be £30 per kg extra ouch. So im not taking the risk, im gonna go with singapore take me 25kg and 10kg in hand lugage.