Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457 application from Ireland

457 application from Ireland

Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

xabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nice
Default 457 application from Ireland

Good morning all,
I have a very quick question for you all. I have been offered a job in Australia and am in the process of getting my 457 VISA sorted. I am getting it with the help of a company called freespirit. I can fax/e-mail through most of the forms - CV, Degree, application forms etc..... However, I will need to post my chest x-ray form to Australia. I am due to start work in the beginning of January and am just a little concerned that my VISA will not be approved in time - it can take 4-6 weeks for the VISA to be approved once DIMIA get all of the relevant documentation. Has anyone been in a similar situation to this and if so how long did their application take. Also, what is the fastest way for me to get my 160 chest X-ray form from Dublin to Sydney, as time is of the essence.

Thanks for your help,
Xabi
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:52 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: 457 application from Ireland

Originally Posted by xabialonso
Good morning all,
I have a very quick question for you all. I have been offered a job in Australia and am in the process of getting my 457 VISA sorted. I am getting it with the help of a company called freespirit. I can fax/e-mail through most of the forms - CV, Degree, application forms etc..... However, I will need to post my chest x-ray form to Australia. I am due to start work in the beginning of January and am just a little concerned that my VISA will not be approved in time - it can take 4-6 weeks for the VISA to be approved once DIMIA get all of the relevant documentation. Has anyone been in a similar situation to this and if so how long did their application take. Also, what is the fastest way for me to get my 160 chest X-ray form from Dublin to Sydney, as time is of the essence.

Thanks for your help,
Xabi

My appplication was done online and it took three weeks from lodging the application to actually getting the visa

The place i had my xrays done charged an additional 45 pound and sent them by fed-ex .. took 3 days to reach the dimia and the visa was granted 4 days later
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

xabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nice
Default Re: 457 application from Ireland

Originally Posted by cam_uk
My appplication was done online and it took three weeks from lodging the application to actually getting the visa

The place i had my xrays done charged an additional 45 pound and sent them by fed-ex .. took 3 days to reach the dimia and the visa was granted 4 days later

Thanks for that. Sounds as if I may have it by the 3rd of January after all