Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

40ft container - How Much?

40ft container - How Much?

Old May 29th 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

sophia uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 40ft container - How Much?

Can anyone give me an indication how much a 40 ft container would cost to ship from UK to Qld?
Old May 30th 2007, 6:52 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all
Default Re: 40ft container - How Much?

I would expect the cost to be in the region of 6 - 7000 pounds (sorry Aussie keyboard doesn't have a pound sign) once you've included packing, freight and clearance in Australia.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:59 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophia uk
Can anyone give me an indication how much a 40 ft container would cost to ship from UK to Qld?
We paid £5,260 all in (including packing, unpacking, removal of rubbish, customs clearance, etc...) to within 100kms Sydney which will be the same as within 100kms Brisbane... Didn't include $600 AQIS fee though... or insurance through Letton Percival...
Old May 30th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

norfolknsuffolk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, we have our relocation company arriving on the 26th June to pack up the House. Were using a Sterling Relocation to ship everything from the UK to Victoria for £4,500 plus Australian Immigration charges that are A$500.

This includes disassembly of all furniture and assembly again in Australia and also unpacking of the boxes.

Hope this helps.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

sophia uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 40ft container - How Much?

That sounds great - is that a 40ft and what about insurance?
Old May 30th 2007, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

I should read these comments a little more clearer.

The price that I have given is only for a 20ft Container, and insurance is 3.2% of the total value of the items that you are shipping.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Old May 30th 2007, 9:04 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norfolknsuffolk
I should read these comments a little more clearer.

The price that I have given is only for a 20ft Container, and insurance is 3.2% of the total value of the items that you are shipping.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Do you have an employer paying for your relocation costs...?
Old May 31st 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

I have been offered the opportunity to work in Australia for a couple of years, and included with the package is that they will cover the cost of the relocation.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:17 am
Timelord

Originally Posted by norfolknsuffolk
I have been offered the opportunity to work in Australia for a couple of years, and included with the package is that they will cover the cost of the relocation.
Cool... Just wondered 'cos 20' rates seem to be ~£3,200 - £3,500 and insurance through Letton Percival is 1.53% I think... All of which doesn't matter if someone else is paying... Lucky peeps...
Old May 31st 2007, 8:25 am
Just Joined

We had a quote from both Anglo Pacific and Sterling Relocation, and Sterling Relocation came across as a more professional company there was a £500difference between the companies.

The reason they are more expensive for the insurance is, if there is a problem they pay out directly and then obtain any payment from the Insurance company. And we all know what insurance companies are like.

Plus with the company paying
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sophia uk
We have just had quotes through for the same thing,20 ft containers are just under £3600 and 40ft £5000 hope its of help,that was an allied pickfords quote
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

mandy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know if anyone is interested, but my 20 foot container, packing, unpacking plus customs going to Perth was £3397. That is with Britannia. They arrive on Monday. The time has really come
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandy99
Dont know if anyone is interested, but my 20 foot container, packing, unpacking plus customs going to Perth was £3397. That is with Britannia. They arrive on Monday. The time has really come
What about sharing a container - I have heard that this is possible to save the old reddies. Anyone know?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:42 pm
Timelord

Originally Posted by Tableland
What about sharing a container - I have heard that this is possible to save the old reddies. Anyone know?
Yes, but there are a number of disadvantages... Your cargo will be collected and left waiting in a consolidators warehouse until such time as he has enough to make a full container... This may be relatively quickly or, as has happened to a couple on here, it may be a couple of months... Then the reverse happens at the other end with everything being unpacked and divided up into final destination areas with the traffic operators looking to maximise delivery routing, so again you may wait a while before getting delivery... Also with the extra handling and storage there's a much greater chance of pilferage/damage... Bear in mind that if you have say 2/3 of a container load or more you won't save anything anyway...
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Yes, but there are a number of disadvantages... Your cargo will be collected and left waiting in a consolidators warehouse until such time as he has enough to make a full container... This may be relatively quickly or, as has happened to a couple on here, it may be a couple of months... Then the reverse happens at the other end with everything being unpacked and divided up into final destination areas with the traffic operators looking to maximise delivery routing, so again you may wait a while before getting delivery... Also with the extra handling and storage there's a much greater chance of pilferage/damage... Bear in mind that if you have say 2/3 of a container load or more you won't save anything anyway...
Thanks Rodders, I'll look into it. Might just put my stuff in some carrier bags - I'd only need about four I've got so little stuff....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.