Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which 4 x 4 to buy ? any advice ?

Which 4 x 4 to buy ? any advice ?

Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:47 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which 4 x 4 to buy ? any advice ?

Originally Posted by jond
Don't listen to that fool Clarkson, I have forgotten more about cars than he has ever known, but all the Kia range are great vehicles and the people who snigger about them don't really know anything about them other than their name.

John
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Jeremy Clarkson Joke.

He went to a STAR studded party, and met Cladia Schiffer. She said Hi im Claudia, and said and you are?

He said Im Jeremy Clarkson, and i do Top Gear...

She said Im off that SHIT now but thanks anyway
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:53 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
im not sniggering or tutting - its a good work horse. plenty of people have them.

centurion, what about a 'pick up' truck as the next vehicle?
Thanks so much for the replies - I've not really considered a pickup as the dog transport might be an issue. But its sure worth considering!

Cant have dogs in the cab though - the muck would be horrible and I dont trust our Dobermann in the back of a pick up as he's got a thing about barking at overtaking motorbikes...much to the shock of a passing biker when a dog throws himself at the window

As to the KIA it had never even crossed my mind to be honest - it looks a little small as the website says its competition is a RAV4 but the price....you can have two for a landcruiser lol.

Having a look I'm secretly quite taken by a Toyota Prado, ultimately I think Landcruiser may win simply because of its reputation for going on and on. I'm not really into the huge 4x4 thing (like the picture btw) as I quite enjoy being able to fit into carparking spaces and mutistory car parks from time to time.

Thanks very much for the thoughts
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:55 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Thanks so much for the replies - I've not really considered a pickup as the dog transport might be an issue. But its sure worth considering!

Cant have dogs in the cab though - the muck would be horrible and I dont trust our Dobermann in the back of a pick up as he's got a thing about barking at overtaking motorbikes...much to the shock of a passing biker when a dog throws himself at the window

As to the KIA it had never even crossed my mind to be honest - it looks a little small as the website says its competition is a RAV4 but the price....you can have two for a landcruiser lol.

Having a look I'm secretly quite taken by a Toyota Prado, ultimately I think Landcruiser may win simply because of its reputation for going on and on. I'm not really into the huge 4x4 thing (like the picture btw) as I quite enjoy being able to fit into carparking spaces and mutistory car parks from time to time.

Thanks very much for the thoughts
Hyundai do i Nice model, Sorrento i think its called.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

the3leadbetters is an unknown quantity at this point

the choice is large land rover disco3 got 4x4 of the year in aussie,but if you are looking for a good work horse Nissan patrol 3litre diesel or 4.2diesel are afair price but land cruisers are good both of those you can get parts,for towing i would use a diesel and the same off road and as for KIA well when Aus get sorento diesel they have a good engine in it just a note of caution modern diesels like only clean fuel so your Toyota 4.2/Nissan4.2,will run some ruff old fuel but direct injection wont
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:01 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
How about the new Nissan Murano..it's a gorgeous looking car! I am coveting one as we speak!

http://www.nissan.com.au/murano/
STOP THEY CATCH FIRE !!!!

Only jokin got a good review all round
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au]There are plenty of places to buy 4x's in Brizzy, and plenty where you can TRICK it up.

Ok Timber Floor Au - you sound like just the man we need to talk to right now.

We are just about to buy a new Kia Sorento from Zupps Kia Mt Gravatt. We are buying it just before our arrival in Brisbane (9th Sept). All the many extras have been totted up and we've been quoted a price of $37470.00.

The sales girl has said that the dealer will be flexible on price and will take any offer forward to him. So what would you call a reasonable offer. We have nearly always bought at auction in the UK, and we've certainly never bought brand new. Nor are we familiar with just how much slack these dealers give in Oz. So what margin do you think they play with. Any ideas?

Netta
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:09 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=JohnAndNetta]
Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
There are plenty of places to buy 4x's in Brizzy, and plenty where you can TRICK it up.

Ok Timber Floor Au - you sound like just the man we need to talk to right now.

We are just about to buy a new Kia Sorento from Zupps Kia Mt Gravatt. We are buying it just before our arrival in Brisbane (9th Sept). All the many extras have been totted up and we've been quoted a price of $37470.00.

The sales girl has said that the dealer will be flexible on price and will take any offer forward to him. So what would you call a reasonable offer. We have nearly always bought at auction in the UK, and we've certainly never bought brand new. Nor are we familiar with just how much slack these dealers give in Oz. So what margin do you think they play with. Any ideas?

Netta

ahhahahahhaha

I just bought a new triton from Zupps at Mt Gravatt 2 weeks ago.

From recollection they are selling 2005 models, made in 2004 unregistered and brand new. So make em an offer. I got about 12k off new price but mine is commercial.

The KIA is a very nice car !!!!

The Kia garage is opposite Zupps Mitsubishi. On Logan Rd.

From what i know, speak to Sharn, she could do you a better deal. But be prepared to MAKE an offer as they never ever voluntarily give you a better deal, offer 3k less and work from there

Good Luck Steve
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

10/25 percent off for cash if dont ask you dont get so ask for everthing
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au]
Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta

ahhahahahhaha

I just bought a new triton from Zupps at Mt Gravatt 2 weeks ago.

From recollection they are selling 2005 models, made in 2004 unregistered and brand new. So make em an offer. I got about 12k off new price but mine is commercial.

The KIA is a very nice car !!!!

The Kia garage is opposite Zupps Mitsubishi. On Logan Rd.

From what i know, speak to Sharn, she could do you a better deal. But be prepared to MAKE an offer as they never ever voluntarily give you a better deal, offer 3k less and work from there

Good Luck Steve

Cheers for that Steve.

KIA Karma on its way. Hubbie tested the Sorrento in Uk last week and was really impressed. Think its won 4x4 car of the year in the UK recently. Apparently beat all the fancy European equivalents (Mercedes, Volvo, BMW) and at a fraction of the price too....
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the look of the Pajero, but from what people are saying Toyota Landcruiser or Prado are better cars. Is this right?? Is one better on fuel than the other??
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:17 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill tell you what I want, what I really, really want...a Range Rover Sport. OMG they are sex on a stick. I followed one on the M25 on Saturday...blacked out windows, sexy wheels......
Attached Thumbnails Which 4 x 4 to buy ? any advice ?-rrs.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:18 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=JohnAndNetta]
Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Cheers for that Steve.

KIA Karma on its way. Hubbie tested the Sorrento in Uk last week and was really impressed. Think its won 4x4 car of the year in the UK recently. Apparently beat all the fancy European equivalents (Mercedes, Volvo, BMW) and at a fraction of the price too....
Thanks

A few of my customers have Kias, and swear by them.

If you wanna play naughty, tell Kia Zupps, you have spoken to Highway Kia, and they have offered you a slightly better deal. If you plan on goin off rd, or do beach driving, get the underside SEALED. Its an option. They do a total SEAL package for inside outside and upholstery here for about $1500 ish
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mand8002
I like the look of the Pajero, but from what people are saying Toyota Landcruiser or Prado are better cars. Is this right?? Is one better on fuel than the other??
We have a Pajero / Shogun and has NEVER let us down, also its economical for a 3.5 litre petrol.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

landrover have reduced there dealer net work by 25%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.