4 month blues

Old May 17th 2005, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default 4 month blues

I apologise in advance for my moaning. I just need to share these thoughts.

A friend told me that homesickness often kicks in 4 months after emigrating. I guess she meant after the initial excitement wears off you can miss things about "home" more.
We're 4 months in Perth and its not home sickness thats making me blue but a series of bad luck and anxiety over buying a house. Its back to a waiting game- just like the visa application and house sale.

I posted last week about my friend bashing my new car- this was followed the next day by a speeding ticket and then my daughter's water bottle leaked on my snazzy mobile and it died.

WE have put an offer in on a house and the selling agent is playing silly games with us. Offer went in on Friday. WE got a counter on Saturday night (the owner couldn't make a descision until after the footie). WE countered again on Sunday and then the owner wetn off to Melbourne allegedly.

I think I must have a negative aura about me because I went to view a house on Saturday-in case we lose out on this one. The agent had lifted up a trapdoor in the dining room to reveal the wine cellar. As he was chatting to me a lady walked in the room and fell straight in. There was silence and I swear to God I thought she was dead. It was a staight 7 foot drop. to cut a long story short she escaped with an injured ankle.

Oh, I NEARLY FORGOT, there was a tornado yesterday. Our raod was closed with fallen trees and a skylight broke causing water to pour over my brand new dining table and chairs. Luckily theres no major damage.

I'm now sitting at home on the puter trying to stay out of further trouble.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:33 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 month blues

Originally Posted by AliMay

A friend told me that homesickness often kicks in 4 months after emigrating. I guess she meant after the initial excitement wears off you can miss things about "home" more.
We're 4 months in Perth and its not home sickness thats making me blue but a series of bad luck and anxiety over buying a house. Its back to a waiting game- just like the visa application and house sale.

I posted last week about my friend bashing my new car- this was followed the next day by a speeding ticket and then my daughter's water bottle leaked on my snazzy mobile and it died.

WE have put an offer in on a house and the selling agent is playing silly games with us. Offer went in on Friday. WE got a counter on Saturday night (the owner couldn't make a descision until after the footie). WE countered again on Sunday and then the owner wetn off to Melbourne allegedly.

I think I must have a negative aura about me because I went to view a house on Saturday-in case we lose out on this one. The agent had lifted up a trapdoor in the dining room to reveal the wine cellar. As he was chatting to me a lady walked in the room and fell straight in. There was silence and I swear to God I thought she was dead. It was a staight 7 foot drop. to cut a long story short she escaped with an injured ankle.

Oh, I NEARLY FORGOT, there was a tornado yesterday. Our raod was closed with fallen trees and a skylight broke causing water to pour over my brand new dining table and chairs. Luckily theres no major damage.

I am sorry, that has to be one of the funniest things I have heard in a long while (the lady in the wine cellar bit). Hope she wasn't hurt! Wonder if there will be a law suit pending? Sure would if this was USA.
We have been here 7 months now and gone through a few tangs of homesickness but nothing serious. We have vistors due to arrive in June and I reckon that will trigger my family off with homesickness.
Just stay positive. Remember why you came here in the first place and ensure you are following your dream.
Play Estate Agents at their own game, there is rarely another interested party putting in a bid at the same time as you, it is normally concocted to make you up your offer. So, get a friend to also show an interest and let them put in an offer at a price higher than yours. When the Agent tells you this, back away and stick to your original offer. Then, get your friend to rescind on his offer. The Agent will come back to you.

Andrew
Old May 17th 2005, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Glad to make you smile!
The agent was of the sleazoid orange permatan variety and he paled significantly.

Thanks for encouraging words-We're hangin in there with the house sale. I don't think I can get a friend to do what you suggest because the offer has to go in in writing with details about lenders etc. Its maybe different in other parts.

My husband did stake out the last home open and there was only one visitor (what are we like). So we don't think there's competition.

Ali
Old May 17th 2005, 6:31 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

If you think the higher offers are fake and they just want to squeeze more money out of you then go back to your original offer... or give it a miss and find somewhere else. Bollocks if the tv is more important than deciding on the sale of your house. Arseholes.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

No, no, no, I will not hear about it, you do not have a bad aura, everything around you has just gone nuts for a while The stress of everything on top of immigrating can sometimes just be too much. Immigration by itself takes about 2 years to get out of your system and here you are buying a house as well! Have you never done a stress test? Moving is worse than having someone die on you and buying a house :scared: No wonder you are feeling so blue. Just take a deep breath, realise that it can only get better since it can't possibly get worse and you'll be fine. As for the woman who fell dwon the trapdoor - stupid agent and stupid woman - hasn't she got eyes? Not your fault in the least, but is sure sounds funny

Your home sale sounds like a typical agent scam. Just pretend you are losing interest and see how his interest picks up - he wants to sell the house so let him work for his commision.

I hope you feel better real soon, may your days ahead just get better and more sunny.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by G'Day
No, no, no, I will not hear about it, you do not have a bad aura, everything around you has just gone nuts for a while The stress of everything on top of immigrating can sometimes just be too much. Immigration by itself takes about 2 years to get out of your system and here you are buying a house as well! Have you never done a stress test? Moving is worse than having someone die on you and buying a house :scared: No wonder you are feeling so blue. Just take a deep breath, realise that it can only get better since it can't possibly get worse and you'll be fine. As for the woman who fell dwon the trapdoor - stupid agent and stupid woman - hasn't she got eyes? Not your fault in the least, but is sure sounds funny

Your home sale sounds like a typical agent scam. Just pretend you are losing interest and see how his interest picks up - he wants to sell the house so let him work for his commision.

I hope you feel better real soon, may your days ahead just get better and more sunny.
Thanks
sending Karma
I'm having a beer and feel better.
Making ANOTHER counter offer.
also battening down the hatches as another storms coming in
Cheers
Ali
Old May 17th 2005, 11:20 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

The agent had lifted up a trapdoor in the dining room to reveal the wine cellar. As he was chatting to me a lady walked in the room and fell straight in. There was silence and I swear to God I thought she was dead. It was a staight 7 foot drop. to cut a long story short she escaped with an injured ankle.
Above was absolutely bloody hilarious! Having a poo day today so thank you for making me laugh!

But on a serious note, it sounds like your general troubles can be attributed to 'Sods Law' - if it can go wrong, it will. Best way to stop this is to crack open a bottle of wine, sit back, put your feet up, enjoy the sunshine - and laugh!! You need reminding that you have been through the visa process AND coped with emigrating - YOU are made of sterner stuff and a few little teething probs are not going to get the better of you!

Hope you see the back of 'Sods Law' soon!

Nicky
Old May 17th 2005, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Above was absolutely bloody hilarious! Having a poo day today so thank you for making me laugh!

But on a serious note, it sounds like your general troubles can be attributed to 'Sods Law' - if it can go wrong, it will. Best way to stop this is to crack open a bottle of wine, sit back, put your feet up, enjoy the sunshine - and laugh!! You need reminding that you have been through the visa process AND coped with emigrating - YOU are made of sterner stuff and a few little teething probs are not going to get the better of you!

Hope you see the back of 'Sods Law' soon!

Nicky
Am on the beer. BTW Little Creatures from Fremantle excellent stuff.
New storms coming in tomorrow- so we're battening down the hatches here in Perth. It was a gorgeous day today but theres nasty weather coming in. coming in. Keep your fingers crossed about this offer. I want this house!!
Ali
Old May 17th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice

I'm still in fits of giggles about the trapdoor bit. Sounds really awful to be laughing and I'm glad the lady wasn't hurt badly..............but just the image of you two standing there transfixed is brilliant !!

Hope your luck changes soon and you get your house.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Judes2308
I'm still in fits of giggles about the trapdoor bit. Sounds really awful to be laughing and I'm glad the lady wasn't hurt badly..............but just the image of you two standing there transfixed is brilliant !!

Hope your luck changes soon and you get your house.
Cheers!

You know despite all the downers at the moment, and my whinging, we have no regrets at all about the move. In fact when life calms down we'll probably find it a bit dull and reminisce fondly about these exciting times.

This afternoon after picking up my daughter from school I went with a friend to the river. WE drank coffee as the kids chased Galahs and played on the beach. It was beautiful.

The house would make it perfect....
Ali
Old May 17th 2005, 1:29 pm
Go Banana's !!

Come out with the Perth Girls on Saturday, we'll cheer you up.

Jill

Old May 17th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Come out with the Perth Girls on Saturday, we'll cheer you up.

Jill
Thanks for the offer!
Don't know if I could stand the pace!!!
Ali
Old May 17th 2005, 2:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the offer!
Don't know if I could stand the pace!!!
Ali
What pace?

Last night out we stayed in the restaurant half the night.

All different people coming, all totally different, and some of us have also never met. Even the ones I know, we're so different, though still get along great for some strange reason
Some are more outgoing, some more quiet(that's me, though you wouldn't believe it reading this forum ), some drink heaps, some drink nothing, some dance, some like to sit and chat.

Whatever!
Old May 17th 2005, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Simone
What pace?

Last night out we stayed in the restaurant half the night.

All different people coming, all totally different, and some of us have also never met. Even the ones I know, we're so different, though still get along great for some strange reason
Some are more outgoing, some more quiet(that's me, though you wouldn't believe it reading this forum ), some drink heaps, some drink nothing, some dance, some like to sit and chat.

Whatever!
I thought you all went pole dancing!!!!
Old May 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you all went pole dancing!!!!
Once. Clothes on. Glass of champagne beforehand. Girls only. Hen's night(good excuse).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.