Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3rd time lucky?!!

3rd time lucky?!!

Old Nov 14th 2004, 1:40 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 3rd time lucky?!!

Hi Guys,

Im sure you are all bored to bits now with our house selling problems but we,ve finally got a buyer "third time lucky!!

Our third buyer had her flat to sell but they got a buyer within a week.
Their mortgage is all in place so no worries there.

They are a really nice young couple,no kids & just feels right this time!& they are soooo excited, even brought her mum & dad up to see the house this morning & they really liked it too

So its full steam ahead now,can start to get the house packed up,move out/in date is the 7th January!

Never want to do this again!!

Donna.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 1:50 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: 3rd time lucky?!!

Donna and Mr Madsad!!!

Thats brill news!!

I am sooooo dreading selling our house. Most say its more stressful than getting the visas. BTW your visa shouldnt be long arriving now should it? That would be perfect if that came in the next few weeks.

What are your plans are you just going to go as soon as poss?

Sorry I am a nosy so-and-so!!!

Cheeky

Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Donna.

I hope it all goes smoothly for you now.

Our house sale went ok in the end, much better than I could have anticiptated. The builders turned up every moring and got the building work done in no time. The buyers came round to see the work and that turned out to be a formailty rather than the inspection I had feared. We are in rented accomadation at the mo, getting geared up for going to Oz at the start of April. I have no internet only when I pop into Tim's mum and dad's house.

Good luck.
From Katie
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:31 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Donna and Mr Madsad!!!

Thats brill news!!

I am sooooo dreading selling our house. Most say its more stressful than getting the visas. BTW your visa shouldnt be long arriving now should it? That would be perfect if that came in the next few weeks.

What are your plans are you just going to go as soon as poss?

Sorry I am a nosy so-and-so!!!

Cheeky

Cheeky, we hope to hear about the visa's within the next week!! if we move out of here on the 7th we will leave asap after that all being well!!!

cheers

Malcolm.

ps. missus will reply when she gets back, shes out at the mo!!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:42 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything crossed it all goes ahead without hitch. Get those contracts signed asap! Well done matey!!

We have another viewing booked for weds. The 2 people who offered FAP have still not sold their own places yet So here's hoping!...yet again!

Sheesh....this house selling's like pulling bloody teeth!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:50 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Guys,

Im sure you are all bored to bits now with our house selling problems but we,ve finally got a buyer "third time lucky!!

Our third buyer had her flat to sell but they got a buyer within a week.
Their mortgage is all in place so no worries there.

They are a really nice young couple,no kids & just feels right this time!& they are soooo excited, even brought her mum & dad up to see the house this morning & they really liked it too

So its full steam ahead now,can start to get the house packed up,move out/in date is the 7th January!

Never want to do this again!!

Donna.
Hey Donna and Mal

Good luck this time, fingers crossed at our end.

Walla
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:56 pm
Cheeky

OMG!!! So close bet you can smell it!!!

I noticed you have your CO now and you have completed everything, so its imminent......OMG you will go mental when it arrives!! Are you gonna tell us when you recieve your pre-grant letter or make us wait until you have the visa stickers in the passports?

What we are planning to do after selling up and moving out of our house is to have a couple of weeks in a hoilday (type) home here in the UK just to give us a bit of leeway to tie up any loose ends. It also gives us time to sort out my dog to be exported, then she will have already started the quarantine process before we go out there. Also its time for our stuff to be exported as well, so (hopefully) less time without it.

BTW the above bit is just a plan I havent even had the house valued yet although I have a rough idea what its worth. We will put wheels in motion once the visas are here. OMG so much to do!!! If everything goes to plan we are hoping to be out there (by the latest) July 05 or sooner if possible.

Have you decided where in Brisbane you want to settle?

And no probs for reply, I am supposed to be ironing!! and making tea and mopping the kitchen floor and........

Thanks,
Cheeky

Cheeky, we hope to hear about the visa's within the next week!! if we move out of here on the 7th we will leave asap after that all being well!!!

cheers

Malcolm.

ps. missus will reply when she gets back, shes out at the mo!!

Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:16 pm
Cheeky

And I am really sorry.........

I have just realised, I havent even wished you luck with the house sale, sorry

My mind is racing ahead at the moment, sorry (again!)

Fingers crossed for you and good luck with it!!

Cheeky
xxx

Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:09 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Great News Donna

I am really happy for you...

Badri
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 3rd time lucky?!!

Brilliant news made up for you all, have you got flights booked, bet it's gettin scary now eh :scared: but exciting though!
and in the words of our new home: #

RIPPER!

P.S
We just had another viewing (#2) but it was the mother in law one, you know the one were the couple really like it and then she just undermines every positive comment, with a nasty one, at the end we just wanted to strangle her so don't think they will be putting an offer in.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased for you Donna!!

Fingers crossed, 3rd time lucky

Sue
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dicko
Brilliant news made up for you all, have you got flights booked, bet it's gettin scary now eh :scared: but exciting though!
and in the words of our new home: #

RIPPER!

P.S
We just had another viewing (#2) but it was the mother in law one, you know the one were the couple really like it and then she just undermines every positive comment, with a nasty one, at the end we just wanted to strangle her so don't think they will be putting an offer in.
Mate, we want our visa's before we book our flights!! learned not to count our chickens through this process!!

PS. Where you heading Dicko?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:09 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS

Everything that I can cross for you that won't land me in A&E is crossed for you!!

Now it's time for some good luck to come your way.

All the best guys

D D xx
Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 3rd time lucky?!!

Mate, we want our visa's before we book our flights!! learned not to count our chickens through this process!!

PS. Where you heading Dicko?

Gold Coast, as soon as house is sold, hopefully Helensvale area, just cant wait now, the visa's are burning a hole in my suitcase

How far away from your visas are you? are you going to stay with friends while you wait, after your house is gone.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
CONGRATULATIONS

Everything that I can cross for you that won't land me in A&E is crossed for you!!

Now it's time for some good luck to come your way.

All the best guys

D D xx

Awwwhh thanks Dolly x x

Thanks everybody

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.