3rd Anniversary

Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice
Default 3rd Anniversary

We have just had our third year in Australia. Arrived October 03 and living (still) at Umina Beach, Central Coast ( 1 Hr from Sydney ).

All is going well here and everything we hoped and dreamt about ( within reason) has come for us. We both work in Sydney for Customs Brokerages/Freight Forwarders ( as we did in UK ). I have views over the SOH and HB from my office !! and am a 5 min walk from the city shops.

We commute to Sydney from home by train.

Cassandra ( daughter ) is now 16 and is doing well at school and settled in well.

We own a 4 Br house in Umina Beach . Have installed a pool and solar heating.

We have just purchased an investment property ( 2 houses on 1 block ) which is returning $440 pw

We have been fortunate I suppose but you only get out what you put in and it has sometimes been a grind. I had to go to TAFE for over 2 years twice a week and that was a slog.

Still we feel we are better of in terms of lifestyle and financially but WE ARE NOT big wage earners !

To all those about to embark on this journey and those who are here but perhaps finding it difficult be positive. It will work out ok I am sure.

Best of luck to all of you guys

Barry
Old Oct 14th 2006, 11:04 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3rd Anniversary

Originally Posted by barry&carol
We have just had our third year in Australia. Arrived October 03 and living (still) at Umina Beach, Central Coast ( 1 Hr from Sydney ).

All is going well here and everything we hoped and dreamt about ( within reason) has come for us. We both work in Sydney for Customs Brokerages/Freight Forwarders ( as we did in UK ). I have views over the SOH and HB from my office !! and am a 5 min walk from the city shops.

Cassandra ( daughter ) is now 16 and is doing well at school and settled in well.

We have just purchased an investment property ( 2 houses on 1 block ) which is returning $440 pw

We have been fortunate I suppose but you only get out what you put in and it has sometimes been a grind. I had to go to TAFE for over 2 years twice a week and that was a slog.

Still we feel we are better of in terms of lifestyle and financially but WE ARE NOT big wage earners !

To all those about to embark on this journey and those who are here but perhaps finding it difficult be positive. It will work out ok I am sure.

Barry
Well done guys. Two year's at the TAFE eh - I admire your committment to your new life.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Barry
Thank you for a truly inspiring post. Stuff like this keeps me going when I feeling a bit down. Best of luck for the future.

Sue
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:48 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing your success story. It just goes to show that you only get back what you put in. Hope things continue to be rosy for you.

We have just passed our first anniversary here (and bought a house to celebrate!) I hope we are still as positive as you two years from now. I kind of think we will be (fingers crossed!)

B
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by binbird
Thanks for sharing your success story. It just goes to show that you only get back what you put in. Hope things continue to be rosy for you.

We have just passed our first anniversary here (and bought a house to celebrate!) I hope we are still as positive as you two years from now. I kind of think we will be (fingers crossed!)

B
3yrs for us also more than we have dreamed of good lifestyle great bussiness loving it and a mini me coming feb 2nd am buzzing
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

really pleased to hear things are great for u guys!

to anyone else reading this......

i have met this couple and they deserve everything they have worked hard to get.
one of the things i do regret about sydney was not spending more time with them.

i wish u guys all the luck in the world, but i doubt if u need it
cheers to you both, heres to the next 30 years guys

soapy

Barry