37 Deg

Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default 37 Deg

Well we got here, and what a flight, both of them
From Dubai down to here (Perth) was a bit of a journey - never ending for us
On walking through customs and being allowed entry, even though i managed to leave a banana in my daughters flight bag
Just had to drop it in the waste bin and they asked us to move on with a smile, we shit ourselves
We walked to the hire car and it was 37 degrees we could not believe it We then managed to go up the wrong road to the holiday let, but got there in the end, we do think that the roads here are better than the UK's very smooth.
Only been here two days and we are very impressed so far, the sky has just gone has black has the devils waist coat A couple of thunder rolls in the distance, still hot though.
We are up in Clarkson until friday then we move on to another holiday let in Butler, this ones very nice and very spacious, a lovely owner who we would highly recommend no problem.
Our hire car even though it was not the one we ordered is very new and very nice Kia Carnival, surprised actually
Just got back from the shopping centre down in Joondalup, Woolworths is a pricey bugger ain't it, $74.00 on some basics for today
Going to try that cheapo place next time IGA lol.
It's pissing down now ha ha, still hot?
Ok back to house rental searching and car dealers.
Speak soon.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 37 Deg

Originally Posted by deb68
On walking through customs and being allowed entry, even though i managed to leave a banana in my daughters flight bag
Just had to drop it in the waste bin and they asked us to move on with a smile, we shit ourselves
We walked to the hire car and it was 37 degrees we could not believe it We then managed to go up the wrong road to the holiday let, but got there in the end, we do think that the roads here are better than the UK's very smooth.
Only been here two days and we are very impressed so far, the sky has just gone has black has the devils waist coat A couple of thunder rolls in the distance, still hot though.
We are up in Clarkson until friday then we move on to another holiday let in Butler, this ones very nice and very spacious, a lovely owner who we would highly recommend no problem.
Our hire car even though it was not the one we ordered is very new and very nice Kia Carnival, surprised actually
Just got back from the shopping centre down in Joondalup, Woolworths is a pricey bugger ain't it, $74.00 on some basics for today
Speak soon.
This is unusual weather. It is quite hot and sticky today. Hopefully the storm should clear it. IGA in Lakeside is mega expensive so don't go there. I find Woolworths at Currambine cheaper than Joondalup.

Good luck, any questions about the local area just ask.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

Yes you need to learn to shop like an Aussie not a Brit we made that mistake when we first came.

Don't worry about the rain that's unusual for this time of the year.

Sounds like you are taking it all in your stride anyway ...good luck
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Speak soon.
Welcome to the neighbourhood Deb. We're in Butler so if you feel like a glass of wine shoot me a PM and we'll set something up.

For groceries I find the Coles in Ocean Keys (Clarkson) is less expensive and has better variety than Woolies in Clarkson. There's also a Coles in Butler but it's fairly small.

Anything you need just shout. I can let you know where things are around here.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Perth, Deb. It was 39 degrees today, so hope you all survived. On days like today, I start dreaming of snow.

There's also a Farmer Jacks at Ocean Reef shopping centre. I haven't been to that particular store, but I usually shop at the Subiaco or Woodlands stores. I find that you can larger bags/trays of fruit at much cheaper prices than Coles, Woolworths and IGA and that it's good quality.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:55 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Australia.

Luckily, after a while, life becomes more than where to go shopping. All the best to you.

A.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Should we tell the OP that it gets hotter than 37 deg quite often in summer ??
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

I am lurking around you know
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I am lurking around you know
Hopefully under an air conditioner or fan, or up to your neck in water.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Debs.

I've been here 7 weeks and only just noticed there's a fruit and veg shop upstairs at Lakeside - seemed to be a lot cheaper than Woolies/Drovers.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Welcome Debs.

I've been here 7 weeks and only just noticed there's a fruit and veg shop upstairs at Lakeside - seemed to be a lot cheaper than Woolies/Drovers.
Have you found Spud Shed yet? We were there a couple of weeks ago. Filled out trolley with fruit & veg for about $100. Same would have been double at Coles or any of the produce shops.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the one at Wanneroo Markets?

Visited briefly a few weeks ago but couldn't buy much as had tiny fridge. Gargantuan fridges were delivered at weekend so I guess I need to go back!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:51 am
Still alive

Is that the one at Wanneroo Markets?

Visited briefly a few weeks ago but couldn't buy much as had tiny fridge. Gargantuan fridges were delivered at weekend so I guess I need to go back!
Yeah. You'll be thankful for the gargantuan fridge.

We should head over one Sunday when your husband is home to watch the little guy. Don't forget to bring your own reusable bags.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Debs.

I've found Drovers to be the cheapest around, and best quality. We can normally buy 2 weeks worth of fruit and veg for around $60.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:33 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
I've found Drovers to be the cheapest around, and best quality. We can normally buy 2 weeks worth of fruit and veg for around $60.
We buy all our meat and fish from Drovers. There's a second one now beside the Gull in Merriwa. It's smaller and has less variety, but it's still got great produce.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.