3 months in oz

Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:34 pm
annette

netty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 3 months in oz

Hi

We moved from Oldbury in the West Midlands to the south of Brisbane 3 months ago me and my husband Paul, and two daughters Heather 17 and Jessica 15. We are currently renting in Drewvale. We are finding it difficult at the moment to meet up with people. Does anybody know of any local expat meetings near to us? It would be good to hear from anybody who are in the same situation as us. The eldest daughter is finding it very difficult and alone due to having no one her own age.
Look forward to hearing from you all.

Annette
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 months in oz

Originally Posted by netty
Hi

We moved from Oldbury in the West Midlands to the south of Brisbane 3 months ago me and my husband Paul, and two daughters Heather 17 and Jessica 15. We are currently renting in Drewvale. We are finding it difficult at the moment to meet up with people. Does anybody know of any local expat meetings near to us? It would be good to hear from anybody who are in the same situation as us. The eldest daughter is finding it very difficult and alone due to having no one her own age.

Annette
There is one at the Gap in a couple of weeks time - try and come along to that one
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418138
Old Jan 27th 2007, 6:47 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Annette

come down to pac pines
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417764

its not too far by car say 30/40 minutes and they are a great buch of people
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:33 pm
annette

netty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is one at the Gap in a couple of weeks time - try and come along to that one
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418138
Hi Pollyana
Thanks for your reply.
Please could you let me know how to find the gap, as me and my family would like to attend.

Annette
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:45 pm
annette

Originally Posted by steve`o
come down to pac pines

Hi Steve
Thanks for your reply.
Me and the family would like to come down to Pac Pines, but can you give us full details of where it is and how to get to it and when is the next time to meet up.

Annette
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana
Thanks for your reply.
Please could you let me know how to find the gap, as me and my family would like to attend.

Annette
If you click on the link it will take you into the thread and there are several maps there with instructions.
You can also put "Glenaffric street" into wwww.whereis.com.au and it will bring up a map for you. There is a page within whereis also which will give you directions to one place from another, so that should see you right
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

Hi Netty

We have been here 7 months and live 5 mins down the road from you at Regents Park so if you fancy a chat just let me know. Sorry but I cant be of any help with the girls as our children are 2,4 & 6.

Sarah
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:19 pm
annette

Hi Sarah

Its nice to know that some one is near to us. It would be nice to meet up for coffee and a chat when it suitable for you. It must be hard for you with three young children.

Annette
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:28 pm
annette

Originally Posted by steve`o
come down to pac pines

Hi Steve

Can you let us know where Pac Pines is and we will drive down from Brisbane. It would be good to meet up. Can you let us know the date and what time you all meet up please.
Annette & Family
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:31 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve

Can you let us know where Pac Pines is and we will drive down from Brisbane. It would be good to meet up. Can you let us know the date and what time you all meet up please.
Annette & Family

Can't help you at all but just wanted to say that I am moving from Dudley 23rd Feb 2007 to Melbourne. The West Mids meet seems to have about 40 families going...you won't be lonely for long!!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough

Hi Annette
We came from the midlands and along with my hubby,son (18) and daughter(15) moved 6 months ago to the south side of Brisbane.We are settled now but it has not been a smooth ride.Our son decided to go back and study after just 3 weeks.He has said he will return once he gets his degree.Our daughter struggled for the first 3 months especially when her big bro went back but now she has more of a social life than she did in the Uk.She works in a local cafe and goes to many concerts.
I know how you must feel ,you just want your kids to be happy.
Are your daughters on msn?
We struggled with addresses also when we got here but then we invested in a sat nav,now we get to places in half the time it took us before.

Stick with it
Paula
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Annette
Hi

We have been here (NSW) three months with two teenagers , we are really struggling, IT IS NOT EASY!! We seriously thought we were doing the right thing coming to Australia, but now we are thinking about returning to the UK.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 3:17 am
annette

Originally Posted by crawford crew
Hi Annette
We came from the midlands and along with my hubby,son (18) and daughter(15) moved 6 months ago to the south side of Brisbane.We are settled now but it has not been a smooth ride.Our son decided to go back and study after just 3 weeks.He has said he will return once he gets his degree.Our daughter struggled for the first 3 months especially when her big bro went back but now she has more of a social life than she did in the Uk.She works in a local cafe and goes to many concerts.
I know how you must feel ,you just want your kids to be happy.
Are your daughters on msn?
We struggled with addresses also when we got here but then we invested in a sat nav,now we get to places in half the time it took us before.

Stick with it
Paula
Hi Paula

Thanks for your message, its very hard which you already know. At the moment we feel like we falling apart due to so much upset. Our eldest daughter is flying back to the Uk on Sunday. We cannot get her to realise its early days and as time goes by it gets better she feels lost, with no friends and no where to. She gave her job in cause she didn't like it instead of giving it a chance. We are not sure if we are going to cope with her so far apart and her sister missing her. Our youngest loves it her settled in school very well and made friends plus she as a little job and enjoys herself.
Only time will tell hopefully a break will do her good with he grandparents and hopefully she will want to come back. My girls do go on msn.
Thanks for your message
Annette
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of joining any local clubs?

I joined the local scrapbooking one which got me out a bit and I've made a really good friend from it.

There are plenty of other hobbies/crafts/interests that have regular meets, just depends what takes your fancy. I'd never done scrapbooking before in my life...
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:29 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve

Annette & Family
not 100% sure please see the pac pines thread guys

regards steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.