Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3 months in Melbourne

3 months in Melbourne

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 months in Melbourne

First time on here in a while, just gonna give you a quick update.

We arrived from Manchester, England at the begining of April and stayed in a caravan park in Craigeburn, that was a bit a pain as it's so far from the east coast which is where we wanted to live, anyhow we made the drive every day looking for a place to rent and what a drive it was, more or less got lost every day, driving through the city is total nightmare, just wait till' you do your first right hook turn!

Found our home after a week or so looking, the first few we saw were terrible but week eventually settled on a nice three bedroom home in Aspendale just of the Nepean Highway and pratically on the beach.

Me and the wife found jobs easy enough, my son has really settled in to school well and has made lots of friends, and we've also been out with a people we've met either through work or people we've met on the beach, the people in general are so friendly.

Still get homesick, missing friends and family, but i dont think i'll be leaving here for a long time, and the weather is still pretty decent considering it's the middle of winter. I'll leave a photo of the beach that's at the back of our house, and the sun sets are amazing!
Attached Thumbnails 3 months in Melbourne-picture-262.jpg  
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:28 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: 3 months in Melbourne

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fuzzy
First time on here in a while, just gonna give you a quick update.

We arrived from Manchester, England at the begining of April and stayed in a caravan park in Craigeburn, that was a bit a pain as it's so far from the east coast which is where we wanted to live, anyhow we made the drive every day looking for a place to rent and what a drive it was, more or less got lost every day, driving

Hi Fuzzy
glad your all enjoying Aussie, did you take that photo tonight? been nice all day and quite warm to say its winter...might cya at a future meetup..
johanne
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on your first hook turn, Ive been here almost 5 years & not done one yet. I drive on & do a U turn further down the road
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:32 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
Congrats on your first hook turn, Ive been here almost 5 years & not done one yet. I drive on & do a U turn further down the road

Bill you soft arse...saying that i havent done one and i wouldnt like to either...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by johanne
Bill you soft arse...saying that i havent done one and i wouldnt like to either...

LOL I am to. Is Melbourne the only city that does hook turns??

Thats turning right from the left hand lane at traffic lights for those outside Melbourne. You pull into left , wait on lights going red then nip round to the right before opposite lights go green. Sound complicated ?? Thats why I'm a soft arse lol.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

I had to take my first hook turn on my second day in Melbourne. I wasn't even aware of them nor had i ever heard of them lol, i wondered what the hell everyone was doing parking their car in front of oncoming traffic at the lights.

Oh johanne, I took the picture last weekend along with some others which i'll post later.

Last edited by Fuzzy; Jul 2nd 2004 at 9:26 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:50 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by Fuzzy
I had to take my first hook turn on my second day in Melbourne. I wasn't even aware of them nor had i ever heard of them lol, i wondered what the hell everyone was doing parking their car in front of oncoming traffic at the lights.

Oh johanne, I took the picture last weekend along with some others which i'll post later.

Which beach is it??
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bordy
Which beach is it??
That's the beach just outside our house in Aspendale.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

That's the beach just outside our house in Aspendale.
hey fuzzy, your whatsit says you are in manchester, im in rochdale but will arrive in melly on 12 july, staying near you in a holiday cabin in chelsea, get the beers in matey
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Here's another.
Attached Thumbnails 3 months in Melbourne-picture-263.jpg  
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by andy thomas
hey fuzzy, your whatsit says you are in manchester, im in rochdale but will arrive in melly on 12 july, staying near you in a holiday cabin in chelsea, get the beers in matey

Hi Andy, ain't got around to updating my profile just yet, however i look forward to hearing from you soon, any questions just fire away.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Hi Andy, ain't got around to updating my profile just yet, however i look forward to hearing from you soon, any questions just fire away.
ok, who's that guy walking up the beach towards Melbourne?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by andy thomas
ok, who's that guy walking up the beach towards Melbourne?
lol, don't know anyone in the picture, however that guy's got a hell of a walk if he's walking to the city