Reload this Page >

3 month travel visa question.

3 month travel visa question.

Old Oct 30th 2002, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Ojas is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 3 month travel visa question.

Hi,

After my 3 month Australia travel visa expires and I want to stay longer can I fly to Auckland and come right back with a new 3 month visa again? As long as I leave the country can I do this every time my visa expires?

Cheers,
Derek
Old Oct 30th 2002, 5:35 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 month travel visa question.

Originally posted by Ojas
Hi,

After my 3 month Australia travel visa expires and I want to stay longer can I fly to Auckland and come right back with a new 3 month visa again? As long as I leave the country can I do this every time my visa expires?

Cheers,
Derek
What a brilliant way to gain indefinite temporary residence, if only it's possible.

Are you on an ETA btw?

Peter
Old Oct 30th 2002, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

dm543 is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned the Australian High Commission and asked them this very same question. They told me that you can do that, and there is no minimum amount of time that you have to remain out of Australia, but if you keep doing that they will eventually catch on and start to wonder if you're workin in Australia, and maybe they'll eventually refuse to allow you back in.

I've never heard from anyone who has actually done this though.

I would like to hear an agent's thoughts on this.
Old Oct 30th 2002, 9:17 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

In principle it is possible, but expect some tough questioning from immigration officials and maybe a refusal to enter Australia on the 3rd or 4th entry on the basis that you are not a genuine visitor.

Not a strategy for the faint hearted, nor is it recommended ...

Originally posted by dm543
I phoned the Australian High Commission and asked them this very same question. They told me that you can do that, and there is no minimum amount of time that you have to remain out of Australia, but if you keep doing that they will eventually catch on and start to wonder if you're workin in Australia, and maybe they'll eventually refuse to allow you back in.

I've never heard from anyone who has actually done this though.

I would like to hear an agent's thoughts on this.
Old Oct 30th 2002, 10:20 pm
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point

I Kinow somone who did do it a few times, however I think after a year you have to wait 6 months before returning again.
Old Oct 31st 2002, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Elspeth
I Kinow somone who did do it a few times, however I think after a year you have to wait 6 months before returning again.
Why do you think that? Did that happen to the person you know?
Old Oct 31st 2002, 3:35 am
Hippy chick

when i applied for my eta, i remember noticing that on the form it said you have to wait 6 months b4 you get another visa after the present eta ran out
Old Oct 31st 2002, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Elspeth
when i applied for my eta, i remember noticing that on the form it said you have to wait 6 months b4 you get another visa after the present eta ran out
was that a visitor ETA or a business ETA?
Old Oct 31st 2002, 9:37 am
Hippy chick

visitor visa :-)