2nd Time Around

Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:29 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy 2nd Time Around

Hi folks I am new to this great site and ask you please don’t laugh at me. Why you are wondering well this is the second time I have been through this process and let me tell you it isn’t easier the second time I can tell you. MY story? Ok well at the tender age of 23 and with a reluctant wife we upped sticks and moved from Scarborough UK to Scarborough Perth, totally not planned I promise. We had to wait close to 2.5 years to get the visa, I applied my self with no agent and there wasn’t the internet then so it was all done by snail mail. Yep I remember it well the waiting the trying to 4get about it and live life, and then that day when my passport came back with that wonderful visa in it. Oh the drinking and dancing I did that week!!! (Benefit of being 23). ok short story wife was to close to her family and never really wanted to go but we did just 18 months (of hell , crying , fighting, shouting) and came home. Life was always good to me I have a good trade (electrician) and we had a reasonable life. 2 wonderful boys now 5 and 9 but then things went sour and we split in 2003 June, all that time I never even thought of moving again but now I am single again and have to wash my own socks I can look further a field. ok update I met a wonderful girl in Hong Kong wile on a trip there, I decided to take the plunge and left uk to be with her here in Vietnam (I know I know but this is the short storey) we have been here a year now and it was always a staging area till we find out where we want to live (her job is here so we are expat) we talked about oz and she really fancied it so we took a trip last year and I met some old friends in Perth, we BOTH fell in love with it . application went in through an agent there I am on the occupation demand list and I got a job offer during the recent expo in Perth (very useful and would advise everyone to go) so points are 125, job offer, in demand list, application was in last November 06 and here I am again this time at 40 and still pacing up and down with worry AGAIN!!!!! I know I shouldn’t have left but I was young and silly, p.s. Vietnam is a very nice place but I wouldn’t want to make it my home. Cheers and drop me a line I feel so???????? Frustrated
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2nd Time Around

Originally Posted by hcmcman

Hi folks I am new to this great site and ask you please don’t laugh at me. Why you are wondering well this is the second time I have been through this process and let me tell you it isn’t easier the second time I can tell you. MY story? Ok well at the tender age of 23 and with a reluctant wife we upped sticks and moved from Scarborough UK to Scarborough Perth, totally not planned I promise. We had to wait close to 2.5 years to get the visa, I applied my self with no agent and there wasn’t the internet then so it was all done by snail mail. Yep I remember it well the waiting the trying to 4get about it and live life, and then that day when my passport came back with that wonderful visa in it. Oh the drinking and dancing I did that week!!! (Benefit of being 23). ok short story wife was to close to her family and never really wanted to go but we did just 18 months (of hell , crying , fighting, shouting) and came home. Life was always good to me I have a good trade (electrician) and we had a reasonable life. 2 wonderful boys now 5 and 9 but then things went sour and we split in 2003 June, all that time I never even thought of moving again but now I am single again and have to wash my own socks I can look further a field. ok update I met a wonderful girl in Hong Kong wile on a trip there, I decided to take the plunge and left uk to be with her here in Vietnam (I know I know but this is the short storey) we have been here a year now and it was always a staging area till we find out where we want to live (her job is here so we are expat) we talked about oz and she really fancied it so we took a trip last year and I met some old friends in Perth, we BOTH fell in love with it . application went in through an agent there I am on the occupation demand list and I got a job offer during the recent expo in Perth (very useful and would advise everyone to go) so points are 125, job offer, in demand list, application was in last November 06 and here I am again this time at 40 and still pacing up and down with worry AGAIN!!!!! I know I shouldn’t have left but I was young and silly, p.s. Vietnam is a very nice place but I wouldn’t want to make it my home. Cheers and drop me a line I feel so???????? Frustrated
Vietnam still sounds scary to me. What made you go there?
Anyway you met your lovely gal there and are now coming here to Perth. Well done for taking the plunge again. Hope it works out better for you this time round.
You are older and wiser so good luck!!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:44 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2nd Time Around

[F][/FONT] well we moved here because my partners job offered her an expat position here and the £ was to good to turn down. it means i dont have to work also hahahaha. its not a bad place its just that the people are well!!!!!!! errrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!ddifferent very very friendly, but well lazy. they are hard to manage and the quality of workmanship is very very bad , but the food is very healthy and very good for you.. they have a big problem with motor scooters here about 100 million on the streets at any one time hahhh we were in a road side rrestaurantthe other day and one drove through the eating area just to get to the road behind the place !!!!!!!!! they do not follow any rules on the road, they drive on the foot path and park in shops and on the foot path .......... madness, but it makes us laugh. i went through my emails last night from the agent and i tthankwe are still waiting for a CO to be appointed, i got an aacknowledgmentletter on the 12th DEC i think it takes about 2-3 months to get a CO aappointed, well thats what the agent is telling me, i am using "liveinaustralia.com " and well i think i should have looked harder in the first place and done more rresearchthey are not the best by a long way and the guy i have cant even speak english too well so i / we are a wee bit p!"£ ed off with them but i am stuck with them now . ok got to go as i have more twtwiddlingf my thumbs to do