Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

28yo no kids moving to Perth

Wikiposts

28yo no kids moving to Perth

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default 28yo no kids moving to Perth

Hi Everyone

I'm 28 yo, have no kids and I'm at the assurer stage of my visa (last stage) so i've decided to ask the kind people on this forum about the recomended places for me to live.

I want to live near the City as I will be starting a business targeting Architects. I also want a studenty, cafe, cultured life style. Somewhere where i will feel the easy going, but vibrant atmosphere

Any clues. I've tryed searching on the property sites, but you can't get the feel of a suburb from the pics.

I know alot of people on here have kids and prefer the child friendly place to live, so i'm throwing this one out there to see what response i get.

Cheers peeps
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:21 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 28yo no kids moving to Perth

Will you be renting or buying a place to live and what sort of budget do you have? House, villa, unit, highrise???? Then can point you in a general direction.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Think i'll be renting for a bit, maybe six months, while i find my feet.

I'd like an apartment, but would have a car.

As for budget. I'm not sure at the mo, so i'm trying to sus out the berbs so i can then search the property sites for the relevant accomodation. I'm just after the feel and vibe of the place at the mo.

I'd also need access to broadband internet, a must in my life. Like Coronation street in other peoples.

Cheers for the help.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:28 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Have you looked at Fremantle?? I'm a similar age to you and absolutely love the place have been quite a few times. It's not as near to the city as some other places but has a great vibe and restaurant/bar/cafe scene. If you go you have to check out Little Creatures on the harbour.

http://www.fremantle.com/
http://www.fremantle.wa.gov.au/main/html/

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Sunshine76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm also 28 and myself and my partner are heading out to Perth in 3 weeks. I grew up and went to high school in Perth and am now taking my fella back with me. Personally a good place for someone of our age group I'd recommend Subiaco. It got some nice boutique type shops, an undercover market, great places to eat, on the doorstep of the city and nice houses/apartments. Don't think it's that cheap compared to other places but all depends on your budget.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by leedslad
Hi Everyone

I'm 28 yo, have no kids and I'm at the assurer stage of my visa (last stage) so i've decided to ask the kind people on this forum about the recomended places for me to live.

I want to live near the City as I will be starting a business targeting Architects. I also want a studenty, cafe, cultured life style. Somewhere where i will feel the easy going, but vibrant atmosphere

Any clues. I've tryed searching on the property sites, but you can't get the feel of a suburb from the pics.

I know alot of people on here have kids and prefer the child friendly place to live, so i'm throwing this one out there to see what response i get.

Cheers peeps
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:29 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Think i'll be renting for a bit, maybe six months, while i find my feet.

I'd like an apartment, but would have a car.

As for budget. I'm not sure at the mo, so i'm trying to sus out the berbs so i can then search the property sites for the relevant accomodation. I'm just after the feel and vibe of the place at the mo.

I'd also need access to broadband internet, a must in my life. Like Coronation street in other peoples.

Cheers for the help.
Subiaco will probably do the trick, but will cost

Good Luck

Paul J
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers everyone! I'll check these areas out.

BKate I'll have a look at Freemantle too. Sounds good!

Roll on visa!!!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Sunshine76 is an unknown quantity at this point

are you moving on your own?? what made you decide to emigrate?

Cheers everyone! I'll check these areas out.

BKate I'll have a look at Freemantle too. Sounds good!

Roll on visa!!!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunshine76
are you moving on your own?? what made you decide to emigrate?
Sunshine 76, I travelled around the world when I graduated (like everyone else) and fell head over heels in love with Australia. I lived in Sydney for about 6 months on my work visa, but found the people there aggressive.

My brother who also travelled at the same time fell in love with Australia, and has now lived in Perth for 18 months. He is my ticket to ride!!! giving me enough points.

I have been thinking of leaving the Uk ever since I can remember and now I have my chance......words can't explain the excitement I am feeling!

I have a GF who lives in Donegal, Ireland. I'm coming over on my own until she graduates in 2 years. It will be very hard, but webcam makes things a little better
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Also try Leederville, 'up and coming', and maybe still a bit cheaper. Older though, more houses, less appartments, but I think that is changing soon.

But yeah, I also recommend Subiaco, and Fremantle if that's not to far(30 min with the train I think, so doable I guess).

And maybe South Perth, but you'd have to go on the ferry to get to the city, no train there.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:12 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

If you're looking for VERY upmarket, try the redeveloped East Perth area. There's also Highgate, within walking distance to the night spots in Northbridge.....just make sure you have adequate security in this area, though.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

I've had a look ath the various websites and realised quickly that theres no way i'm going to be able to live in the desired areas.

Guess i'll have to scout the place out when i get there.

Thanks for your help guys and gals
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Stony is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone

Cheers peeps
try perth meet and greet http://www.perthmeetandgreet.com/ for accomodation

havent used them myself but have heard great things about them, plus I believe the owner is a regular contributor to this forum so..... either
1. good service
2. name and shame

Personnally I believe (from what I've heard) you will get "1. good service" and Jo goes out of her way to go that extra mile for her clients.

If you are looking for "a studenty, cafe, cultured life style" I would recommend either Fremantle, Subiaco or Cottesloe. (probably subi is better for you)

Regarding social life, I'm a bit older than you (45) but also no kids (well do have kids but all grown up and left behind in UK ) but if you want to meet up let me know and we can have a child free evening

Stony
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BKate
Hiya,

Have you looked at Fremantle?? I'm a similar age to you and absolutely love the place have been quite a few times. It's not as near to the city as some other places but has a great vibe and restaurant/bar/cafe scene. If you go you have to check out Little Creatures on the harbour.

http://www.fremantle.com/
http://www.fremantle.wa.gov.au/main/html/

has a good rail link to the city tho', plus an excellent indian restuarant (few and far between in perth)
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simone
Also try Leederville, 'up and coming', and maybe still a bit cheaper. Older though, more houses, less appartments, but I think that is changing soon.

But yeah, I also recommend Subiaco, and Fremantle if that's not to far(30 min with the train I think, so doable I guess).

And maybe South Perth, but you'd have to go on the ferry to get to the city, no train there.
I'm in South Perth and can confirm the ferry link to the CBD is great. Same price as the bus and much faster

Stony

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.