Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

24 year old coded welder looking for full relocation or 457 sponsor

24 year old coded welder looking for full relocation or 457 sponsor

Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

simon914241 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 24 year old coded welder looking for full relocation or 457 sponsor

hi guys im looking for full emigration or 457 sponsorship to australia, im not bothered on were about i go but would prefer WA.

a little bit about my Backround im a coded welder who has worked across the UK on lots of major projects, im currently working as a QA/QC inspector and welding engineer.

but i would be more than happy to go back on the tools to get out to Australia

My qualifications include:
NVQ - Level 3 in pipe welding
HND - in Welding engineering
Senior Awards from City and guilds - for the Highest level of Achivements in welding engineering
NVQ - Level 5 in Senior Managment
IRAC - Internal auditor
IOSH - Managing Saftey

i also have many diffrent coding certs and working with materials ranging from carbon ASTM Gr 106 To Super duplex to 9% Chrome (p91)

any info would be greatly appricated

cheers simon
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 24 year old coded welder looking for full relocation or 457 sponsor

What are you wanting to know?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

im mainly looking for a sponsor company any info would be brilliant. i have no ties or commitments here in the UK. so willing to leave asap.

cheers Simon
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What have you done so far? Have you tried seek.com.au? Also do you know if there are licencing requirements for your trade because that would put off employers if you dont have it.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

yes i have tried seek, i have currently worked on (new build CCGT powerstaions, LNG new builds, marine sea going maintance in the USA, and worked on oil and gas turnarounds/ fabshop work). what do you mean by licences?

cheers simon
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Some trades need Australian state licences, I dont know if yours does but I recommend you look into it as a lack of it (if required) will hamper your job hunting.

Maybe you should also consider skilled migration or starting out on a WHV.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

yeah i will look into it but i know most compaines want a australian qualification were in basic terms you pay £150 and get all your units of crdits from your british Qualifications transfered into a Aussie qual

i have thought about the WHV but im pretty certain i want to go with out coming back now

cheers simon
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by simon914241
yeah i will look into it but i know most compaines want a australian qualification were in basic terms you pay £150 and get all your units of crdits from your british Qualifications transfered into a Aussie qual

i have thought about the WHV but im pretty certain i want to go with out coming back now

cheers simon
I dont generally advocate WHV as a first step to immigration but if you are looking for a sponsor then it might be easier to look whilst there. But if you want to go permanently then the skilled migrant visa might be the one for you.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

yeah a mate of mine has said that to go over on a WHV but you only allowed to work for the same compay for 6 months. but will certainly look at the skilled migration root i know im more than eligible for it. but would like to have a start before i get out there as it saves knocking on doors looking for a start lol

cheers simon
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

HI Simon,

As a coded welder especially with pipe line experience you will be hot property in Australia, whether you will get a 457 whilst still in the UK may be a different matter, people would probably want to see you first so either a skilled migration, (I'm sure boiler maker will be on the skills in demand list) or like you say a WHV, let some one see your ability and then you may get a sponsor and then on to PR visa from that.

I am a PM for a large AC company and pipe welders are sought after, you will eventually need to get your plumbing registration if pipe welding was what you wanted to do, or the alternative would be as a boiler maker in a pre fab factory, I am pretty sure you don't need any registration to do that.

All of my qualifications were City and guilds and for the most part I was able to just have an interview and trasnfer most of my British ones to Australian, some other sections I have had to do theory and practical exams.

If you want I can put your details to an agent who has helped me, but I am in Melbourne.

Good luck.

Rob.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

hi rob i have sent you a message to you inbox on here

cheers simon
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Im a pipe fitter nvq level 3 from uk so are you guys saying i would need to change my qualifications to australia ones,if so how do you go about that or do that as i thought for say pipefitters its not really a trade over there,but are widely advertised.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

hi guys im looking for full emigration or 457 sponsorship to australia, im not bothered on were about i go but would prefer WA.

a little bit about my Backround im a coded welder who has worked across the UK on lots of major projects, im currently working as a QA/QC inspector and welding engineer.

Senior Awards from City and guilds - for the Highest level of Achivements in welding engineering
IRAC - Internal auditor
IOSH - Managing Saftey

i also have many diffrent coding certs and working with materials ranging from carbon ASTM Gr 106 To Super duplex to 9% Chrome (p91)

cheers simon
I'm a retired welder/welding inspector.

In general you will need to test to 6G,usually a TIG root and stick fill and cap.however it may be stick root ,thus 4816 (7016) rods for root and 4818 (7016).to fill and cap

very rarely you may have to test to 2G and 5G as they will not recognise 6g as all positional.

Sometimes you will use sparklers for the root,usually a 5p and 4818 fill and cap,buggered if I know why,one defeats the purpose of the other.

THe cryogenic welding (9% nickel )should come on demand as the LNG storage tanks progress for the various projects.Hoirizontal sub arc would also be useful but they may train you up on it.When i did it in the 80,s here it was all stick,I think they mainly use flux cored now but not positive on that.

The various alloys are usally in demand depending on mining projects and what they are using as a process to refine metals.Duplex ,super duplex etc would be TIG welded.Titanium is(was)welded using the trailing shield on a TIG,but may have changed.I kept off that as I hated it and haven't done it for about 17 yrs.

I've been uot of the game for close to 2yrs now so have not kept up with it.

In general ASME1X and B31 3 would convert to AS 1210 class 1 presure vessel/pipe code.

Good Luck

geordie down under
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by swans
I'm a retired welder/welding inspector.

In general you will need to test to 6G,usually a TIG root and stick fill and cap.however it may be stick root ,thus 4816 (7016) rods for root and 4818 (7016).to fill and cap

very rarely you may have to test to 2G and 5G as they will not recognise 6g as all positional.

Sometimes you will use sparklers for the root,usually a 5p and 4818 fill and cap,buggered if I know why,one defeats the purpose of the other.

THe cryogenic welding (9% nickel )should come on demand as the LNG storage tanks progress for the various projects.Hoirizontal sub arc would also be useful but they may train you up on it.When i did it in the 80,s here it was all stick,I think they mainly use flux cored now but not positive on that.

The various alloys are usally in demand depending on mining projects and what they are using as a process to refine metals.Duplex ,super duplex etc would be TIG welded.Titanium is(was)welded using the trailing shield on a TIG,but may have changed.I kept off that as I hated it and haven't done it for about 17 yrs.

I've been uot of the game for close to 2yrs now so have not kept up with it.

In general ASME1X and B31 3 would convert to AS 1210 class 1 presure vessel/pipe code.

Good Luck

geordie down under
Oh AS1554 is the sructurll code ,keep well away from work to AS1554 part 5,vibrating machinery,all welds ground smooth toes blended perfectly.I gave up trying to get engineers to TIG dress the toes to get them smooth,such a pain working to that.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

IRAC - Internal auditor
IOSH - Managing Saftey

cheers simon
Hello Simon

That's a canny basket of quals you've got there. Your just missing the Masters from Cranfield.

I think we both know you wouldn't settle back to having a bucket on your head.

By all means come out as a sponsored 457 but as it's been pointed out on the UK welders forum (normally by me) it's not an ideal route.

Why not go the skilled route as a welder? Once you get your visa then you can carry on working in the welding managent side.

Keel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.