24/7 Exchange??

Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default 24/7 Exchange??

We have signed up with HiFX but have yet to use them. We are looking at 'forwarding' with them as we aren't going to Oz any time soon. However, I understand that they only operate between 9-6, Mon-Friday and when I checked the rates last night before bed they were at 2.62, which I consider to be a pretty good rate and certainly we would have gone for that. Today they have slipped back to 2.57/2.58 and we have noticed that this does seem to be the pattern. So my question is are there any other companies offering a similar service but more 24/7? I'm surprised that they are open on such restrictive times, given global time zones. (P.S. I do hate the 24/7 culture but I think that sometimes there is a need).

Cheers

Lorraine
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default Re: 24/7 Exchange??

Hi we are with Moneycorp and we are after a spot rate (we exchange money pretty much straight away) we have set a rate we want.Therefore if it hits that rate whatever the time of day the order is filled.I'm sure the other companies all operate the same way.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:44 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

ozforex is 24/5 , and I think will even ring you if you put in a rate alert.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:37 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I have just signed with ozforex (last two days) and had long chats with them - great access 24/7!

The forwarding for new signees (but could be all I am not sure) I understand is not currently on offer because of the volatile market but kept an eye on the spot rates and got 2.60 this morning. OK it was early at 6.30 am Adelaide time ! They said keep a eye out and they may reinstall the facilitiy for forward spot rates early next week.

The phone numbers posted on the site are 24/7 - did you not get through? I called between UK and Aus banking hours and got a Canada desk all good service. It has oz and UK numbers and it is majority owned by Macquarie.

I put my buy note on and had a confirm call within 2 minutes, in fact missed call because was on phone with hubby who had to pick up call in Sydney to confirm!

Hope all goes well and you get the exchange you want.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the responses all - big help.

Lorraine