Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2006....Go on, make my day !!!

2006....Go on, make my day !!!

Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:11 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2006....Go on, make my day !!!

Okay, picture this if you will........

It's 2006......i know that i wanna move to Oz......will lot's of you please convince my Missus to go too....(suppose i could always do it alone)......she's having second thoughts so will loads of you please sell it too her and tell her the reasons why you made the move.
She worries about working there (she's a nurse) and isn't sure as to the availability of work for her.....i'm a fireman and know that i'm going to love it.
We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

griswalds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2006....Go on, make my day !!!

Originally Posted by Fireman Al

It's 2006......i know that i wanna move to Oz......will lot's of you please convince my Missus to go too....(suppose i could always do it alone)......she's having second thoughts so will loads of you please sell it too her and tell her the reasons why you made the move.
She worries about working there (she's a nurse) and isn't sure as to the availability of work for her.....i'm a fireman and know that i'm going to love it.
We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
happy new year
similar situation waiting for reply on skilled independent 136 modl visa. no shortage of work for nurses in any state, just takes awhile to get skilled assessed from anmc. and visa application process. Have you got work there sorted out?
regards
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:57 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
Can't say much about Perth as we're heading for Brisbane. Both Hubby and I are Nurses although I've lined up a job as a Lecturer and other half will do agency. Got two kids, 7 and 4 and a dog. Liked Brisbane for the weather, people, job prospects, house prices, although they're rising, the fact you can get away from it all on holiday but not have to travel for days and have friends in Sydney so pop on a plane and there in half an hour.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:09 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
Tip: Keep her out of the Moving Back to UK forum.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: 2006....Go on, make my day !!!

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
Hi Ali

Dont no if i can help but i was going to go when i was 18 but never went. Then i was going to go when i was 25 and never went.
I am now 34 and just got visa.
Going in May to Perth if i dont go now i will never go and in yrs to come if i dont go i will regret it for the rest of my life.
I sound like an old lady but its true i will regret it.(no comments please)
So take the plunge you will alway have a home in UK.
Both of you have good jobs so i cant see a problem with you getting a job.

Happy New Year
Beth
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year

We are moving about an hour outside Perth, a place called Bunbury. Been to Perth but not Bunbury. Have you visited yet?

We have heard so many good things about the place and are in contact with somebody in Bunbury and she sends us photos, etc. She's been there a year and loves it. We are hoping to go in March, once visa through.

The one thing I say is give it a try and you'll never be wondering "what if" and if you don't like it come back.

Good luck.

Pom Plumbers Wife.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:52 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pom plumber
Happy New Year

We are moving about an hour outside Perth, a place called Bunbury. Been to Perth but not Bunbury. Have you visited yet?

We have heard so many good things about the place and are in contact with somebody in Bunbury and she sends us photos, etc. She's been there a year and loves it. We are hoping to go in March, once visa through.

The one thing I say is give it a try and you'll never be wondering "what if" and if you don't like it come back.

Good luck.

Pom Plumbers Wife.
Bunbury is more like 2-3 hours south of Perth CBD !
In reality to the Op only by going will you know if you like it .
It is a great place.
I would say you would be much more likely to enjoy Perth or any of the main "must go " parts of Aus than not .
I leave for Perth in just over a week and can't wait .
A mate of mine is Aus for xmas on the east coast , its his 1st time there and judging by the texts i'm gettin he is having one of the best trips of his life .
I know a Guy who has worked his life on ships and says Perth is one of the best city's he has ever been to.
The UK isn't going anywhere and if you or your misses wants to return then you can .
Good luck both of you
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

[QUOTE=pom plumber]Happy New Year

Good luck.

Hi

We are also going to Bunbury.
Thought it was a wee bit nearer to Perth than that.
But still going to go.
It sounds lovely and looks great.
Been looking for a place to start up a barbers shop and have seen alot of good locations and the rent is not to over the top.
Done some research and noticed that there is not many barber shops there but there are in the surrounding suburbs.
I think it would be more expensive to open a shop in Perth so going to give it a shot in Bunbury.

Happy New Year
Beth
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: 2006....Go on, make my day !!!

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali

Hi Ali

Happy New Year

Well have any of us helped convince you wife to make the move?
Hope we have.

Beth
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
I have a similar problem, my hsband doesn't want to go. I thought I was winning him over but now I am not so sure. It is hard when you can see the advantages and all theycan see is what might go wrong, but as I keep saying it might be the best move you have ever made.

I thought nurses were highly sought after and even noticed on one of the migration agency sites that applications for visas from nurses are goiing through quicker than other occupations.
I say give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: 2006....Go on, make my day !!!

Originally Posted by Vernons
I have a similar problem, my hsband doesn't want to go. I thought I was winning him over but now I am not so sure. It is hard when you can see the advantages and all theycan see is what might go wrong, but as I keep saying it might be the best move you have ever made.

I thought nurses were highly sought after and even noticed on one of the migration agency sites that applications for visas from nurses are goiing through quicker than other occupations.
I say give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Vernons

Just keep trying you know us women when we nag we get our own way.

No seriously I know i might not be better off at the start but i would rather be sitting in Australia than the UK the way i am just know.
You have a great job.Plenty around.
What does your other half work as.
What part of Australia are you looking at to live in.
When we where thinking about it we put a big map (when i say big i mean big map)of Australia up in the bedroom right next to the computer.
When we went for it we only told the family.
Never told anyone until we got our visa.
Did not want people to keep asking if we had it yet.
That would have drove me crazy.
Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Beth
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
Hi I am a nurse and midwife, and although we were in the sunshine coast QLD, there was lots of work. You can be a novelty from the UK too, so this can help to get work. Many people get work b4 they go, I did but then we changed destination when we got there ( as u do!! )
Went on the casual pool and got known on wards and got as much or as little work as I wanted. Also ended up with job in a health centre. nice hrs lovely staff. On the downside (sorry) nursing is not as stimulating or career developing as in UK, at least in QLD not yet. on the up side to this less stress and better staffing/patient ratios too.
I felt the lifestyle change was worth the sacrifice, who want to work lots anyway when the beach is only a short walk away! I used to sit by the ocean and read a book on my lunch break!...
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:38 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

We're looking at Perth.

Please help me

Thanking you all

Ali
Push her into this and pal if it goes tits up she will never forgive you.......

Same problem with my other half, I have kept on for ages about going, but the past few months have not even mentioned it. And yesterday she said she wants to go as she has had enough of it here. I just gave a little nod and said ok, we'll think about it..........
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

My Mum said to us "are you sure it's the right thing you're doing".........my wife replied " no we don't know, but we will never know if we don't try"

Just think if you did'nt give it a go...........
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:18 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Ali

Happy New Year

Well have any of us helped convince you wife to make the move?
Hope we have.

Beth

Hi Beth,
A happy new to you too....
You sure have, just think it may be a bit of nerves (which is understandable i think).....every now and then it's nice to have some reassurance from other people for her...

Many thanks....

Where about's are you guy's ?....sorry if you did say...

Ali :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.