Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 weeks and we'll be in brisbane eek!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

2 weeks and we'll be in brisbane eek!!!!!!!

Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:53 am
Just Joined

melbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant future
Default 2 weeks and we'll be in brisbane eek!!!!!!!

Hi All

quite new to the site, but alot of you have helped just reading everthing you have put in your threads which has made this journey so easy so thankyou!!!

we move in 2 weeks, it all seems so real now, its qouite exciting planning, writing lists filling out forms now its eek!!! we're going!

we move out of our house 2 weeks today and then are due to fly out 25.2.07, I don't start my job until march 12th (as a midwife) so it will be quite nice to have a week or so to sort out schools for my son william 5yrs and some kindi for harriet 2 yrs, my OH hasn'y got a job yet so islooking after harriet mostly, my job involves on calls so we need to sort out my shift pattern before he can commit which funnily enough he is happy with !! (bumming on the beach)

we are staying at the kangaroo apartments for the first 5 weeks just to chill with all the sorting and then we will be looking for somewhere to rent more permanatly, looking at wakerly, manly any info on other surburbs that are nice, i think my caseload will be on the east side of brisbane.

also schools and things to do?????

we have leaving party on fri night which i am really looking forward too - like being centre of attention its a hidden child hood trait!!!!

william is having a party on the saturday to say goodbye to friends as he didn't want to miss out and i didn't want to entertain loads of kids so ALAKAZAM is booked and he can do it

william thinks we are going for a year, one birthday!! and some of our close friends are coming in the summer, my mum works term time so she is over too in the summer and fmaily are hoping to come for christmas so we'll be sick of visitors by the end of the first year

well thats it we're on our way hope some of you in brisbane like girlie chats and wine because thats what i'll be missing soooo much when i get there, i'm a girl that needs mates and girlie chats!!!

any info on brisbane gratefully recieved

mel, simon, william and harriet

Last edited by melbaby; Feb 10th 2007 at 4:56 am. Reason: two spelling mistakes couldn't understand it!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks and we'll be in brisbane eek!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by melbaby
Hi All

quite new to the site, but alot of you have helped just reading everthing you have put in your threads which has made this journey so easy so thankyou!!!

we move in 2 weeks, it all seems so real now, its qouite exciting planning, writing lists filling out forms now its eek!!! we're going!

we move out of our house 2 weeks today and then are due to fly out 25.2.07, I don't start my job until march 12th (as a midwife) so it will be quite nice to have a week or so to sort out schools for my son william 5yrs and some kindi for harriet 2 yrs, my OH hasn'y got a job yet so islooking after harriet mostly, my job involves on calls so we need to sort out my shift pattern before he can commit which funnily enough he is happy with !! (bumming on the beach)

we are staying at the kangaroo apartments for the first 5 weeks just to chill with all the sorting and then we will be looking for somewhere to rent more permanatly, looking at wakerly, manly any info on other surburbs that are nice, i think my caseload will be on the east side of brisbane.

we have leaving party on fri night which i am really looking forward too - like being centre of attention its a hidden child hood trait!!!!

william is having a party on the saturday to say goodbye to friends as he didn't want to miss out and i didn't want to entertain loads of kids so ALAKAZAM is booked and he can do it

william thinks we are going for a year, one birthday!! and some of our close friends are coming in the summer, my mum works term time so she is over too in the summer and fmaily are hoping to come for christmas so we'll be sick of visitors by the end of the first year

well thats it we're on our way hope some of you in brisbane like girlie chats and wine because thats what i'll be missing soooo much when i get there, i'm a girl that needs mates and girlie chats!!!

Mel, We're a good bit up the coast in Mackay but have a safe trip and I hope you and your family have a blast in your new lives. Good luck n god bless
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you are all sorted...have a safe trip and good luck with your new life x x x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:28 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbaby
Hi All

HI there, we will have to meet up! We fly out on the 9th of march, stopping at singapore and arriving at brisbane on the 12th march and also staying at kangaroo point appartments for 2 weeks. Have you been there before? When we went on our reccie in november we stayed at the 4.5 star appartments for 2 weeks , they were good and in a great location, 10 mins walk to south bank and also good as you have 2 car parking spaces as we will be buying 2 cars as soon as poss. See you there!? Pete
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Good luck with the move Mel!

And don't worry there is plenty of wine here in Brisbane!!! And I have been known to go on the occasional girls night out!!

Jo x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:18 am
Just Joined

melbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant future

thanks guys

we'll see you soon melx