Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 things i miss about perth already

2 things i miss about perth already

Old May 4th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future
Default 2 things i miss about perth already

only got back last saturday from our 2 weeks in perth and already i'm missing the 'burning questions' section of the western austalia (did they ever find out what use ear wax has and why the numbers on a dart board are in that particular order.????)

the other thing i miss is the quality adverts by the people who actually own the business,they're better than the s**t tv

my personal fave is the one for the aussie card with the bloke walking thru the shark tunnel who looks like the dodgiest bloke going trying to sell you a credit card.....
Old May 4th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 things i miss about perth already

i know what you mean when we were in perth we saw the worst ans best tele ever! and we decided hat it didnt matter if the tv was crap cause youd be out in the sun anyway!, and when yo9u have to whatch just laugh at it!
then put a cd on!

Originally Posted by baggie
only got back last saturday from our 2 weeks in perth and already i'm missing the 'burning questions' section of the western austalia (did they ever find out what use ear wax has and why the numbers on a dart board are in that particular order.????)

the other thing i miss is the quality adverts by the people who actually own the business,they're better than the s**t tv

my personal fave is the one for the aussie card with the bloke walking thru the shark tunnel who looks like the dodgiest bloke going trying to sell you a credit card.....
Old May 4th 2005, 9:38 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure whether you'd get this advert in Perth but whilst we were in Melbourne the funniest advert I'd seen in ages was for schmackos which involved a dog, a vet and a thermometer - I'll say no more.....

D D
Old May 4th 2005, 10:35 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

There was a radio ad yesterday about solving bloke's 'down under' problems with a nasal spray that made me laugh out loud when driving on my own.
Old May 4th 2005, 11:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baggie

At Aussie, we'll save ya

Any one in Melly HATE Frank Walker???
Old May 5th 2005, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by bal56
There was a radio ad yesterday about solving bloke's 'down under' problems with a nasal spray that made me laugh out loud when driving on my own.
On my own I would of laughed but I didn't laugh out loud when it came on while doing the school run the other morning!!! Had to quickly make up a conversation which was a complete load of nonsense to avoid any embarrassing questions from the neighbours kids. No such thing as a "watershed" here thats for sure.

Julie
Old May 5th 2005, 2:05 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

Any one in Melly HATE Frank Walker???
Was 30 dollars now 15 dollars per meeetaar
Old May 5th 2005, 2:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michelle-leicester-perth
i know what you mean when we were in perth we saw the worst ans best tele ever! and we decided hat it didnt matter if the tv was crap cause youd be out in the sun anyway!, and when yo9u have to whatch just laugh at it!
then put a cd on!
The sun only shines to about 6 pm. And about 7/7.30 pm in summer......
Rest of the time during the week I'm working.
Weekends either out in sun(or clouds, or rain), or shopping etc etc.

Best way to avoid the crappy ads is tape stuff and then watch it back. Or watch ABC and SBS.
Old May 5th 2005, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Strange how you get used to it all though. I used to cringe at the telly when we first arrived but now it's just the norm!

Diane