Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ???????

Wikiposts

2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ???????

Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Andy & Lisa,
You know my feelings on this........SELL now!
We accepted our first buyers offer on Easter Monday and after stringing us out for 12 weeks, pulled out claiming a change of circumstances !! Cost me £400 for the solicitor.
Accepted the next buyers offer within a week...........it's now been 13 weeks and I got on the phone to the Estate agent today and told them to find us another buyer cos we're sick of the delays, had a phone call 1/2 hour later saying he had been in touch with the new buyers mortgage advisor and we should get a yes/no within 48 hours. 5 minutes later he calls back to say he'd had a call advising that the man who can say yes is in Cyprus til Thursday.........so it's back to waiting.
The visa delay was bad enough but when you get it you have the nightmare of selling the house AND trying to co-ordinate completion dates with the dates available from the shippers.

Having a bad day......I'm off to the pub!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Rossi
Andy & Lisa,
You know my feelings on this........SELL now!
We accepted our first buyers offer on Easter Monday and after stringing us out for 12 weeks, pulled out claiming a change of circumstances !! Cost me £400 for the solicitor.
Accepted the next buyers offer within a week...........it's now been 13 weeks and I got on the phone to the Estate agent today and told them to find us another buyer cos we're sick of the delays, had a phone call 1/2 hour later saying he had been in touch with the new buyers mortgage advisor and we should get a yes/no within 48 hours. 5 minutes later he calls back to say he'd had a call advising that the man who can say yes is in Cyprus til Thursday.........so it's back to waiting.
The visa delay was bad enough but when you get it you have the nightmare of selling the house AND trying to co-ordinate completion dates with the dates available from the shippers.

Having a bad day......I'm off to the pub!!!!!!!!!!

Know how you feel Rossi, It doesn't look like we will exchange tomorrow we haven't heard a Dickie Bird from the solicitors as usual. If we don't exchange within a week we will be in serious trouble all of our carefully co-ordinated plans will have to be changed and we will have to delay our leaving by weeks.

Heavily praying for us all now- I am absolutely sick of the not being able to finalise anything bit.

Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lisa

We have decided to get our meds and police checks done after xmas, even if not requested and also suggest that you put house on market, especially if you have a place to stay, at least its one less stressful thing before the move to worry about, have read all the posts on here over last few months and most have been highlighting major problems shifting a property!!

as you know I work in the finance sector and things are gradually slowing down, best get what you can while you can get it..

best of luck

Teresa
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:14 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanx every1 for ure replies

and Teresa.......... have you sold ure house as yet or is it on the market?

Sorry to hear ure still being messed about Paul..... first fudge face and now the buyer......... you say ure going to the pub ...again!!!!!.....ure gonna miss ure next door neighbour!!!!!!!

love lisa
xxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:48 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default 1st step anyway

Andy has been in touch with an estate agent......... popping around on 5th Nov......... to do a free estimate.

boomer
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1st step anyway

Originally posted by Boomerang
Andy has been in touch with an estate agent......... popping around on 5th Nov......... to do a free estimate.

boomer
Best of luck with it Boomer!
let us know how it all goes, we're one month in and will be going on the market after christmas!
regards
rach