Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2.60537

Exchange rate is AUD2.60537 to the pound, it's improved a lot over the last week.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2.60537

Originally posted by Amazulu
Exchange rate is AUD2.60537 to the pound, it's improved a lot over the last week.
Who's that with?????
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:33 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anypan
Who's that with?????
www.xe.com
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

www.xe.com
very similar at moneycorp.co.uk

http://www.moneycorp.co.uk/pages/charts_app.html
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point

That was the bank rate I assume? I have been keeping an eye on rates with a few different traders and the spot rate for 100,000 UK has been around 2.57 at the highest.

From what I am reading it looks like it may well slide back down a little in the coming weeks, may be a good time to exchange? I wish my bloody house had completed... grrrr!!

Cheers!

ST
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

2.60852 today.....Keep rising baby, keep rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hels
2.60852 today.....Keep rising baby, keep rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just to be pedantic. Don't you mean: 'keep falling baby'?
You are talking about the dollar falling in value not rising.

Swings and Roundabouts I'm afraid.

G
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Location: Colchester Essex. Off to Perth in October 2004!! VISA granted 10/07/2004.
Modmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Grayling
Just to be pedantic. Don't you mean: 'keep falling baby'?
You are talking about the dollar falling in value not rising.

Swings and Roundabouts I'm afraid.

G
Just to be more pedantic, might be refering to pound strengthening?
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Modmum
Just to be more pedantic, might be refering to pound strengthening?
Of course

Same thing in the end.
If you are moving to Australia you gain on exchange rates but lose on Imports , Foreign travel etc.
Or Vice versa if moving the other way.

No such thing as a free lunch.

Best wishes

G
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

For those of you watching the rates, here is the trend for the past 5 years:

Being as I am already in Oz, I have to say "Come on pound, crash and burn!"
Attached Thumbnails 2.60537-5-yr.jpg  
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

The "crash and burn" statement may have seemed a bit heartless, but I am still needing to send money back to the UK.

I think what that graph shows is the rate you will get for your move is going to be based more on luck than judgement, as there is a tendency for some pretty dramatic reversals, and currency trading for emigration will need to be made in a relatively small window.

I was particularly fortunate, we flew out of the UK January 2002, when the dollar was just about at its weakest, then saw a really welcome reversal once I was earning dollars, and had to transfer monies back to the UK (definitely luck and very little judgement)
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:55 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: 2.60537 ... and long term

Back in January my Aussie financial advisers gave me predictions that the £ -> $ conversion rate would be most favourable in June/July of 2004. In that time the rate has improved by about 20c.

Last week they sent me a new prediction that the rate will fall back over the next few years and that I should change my £s sooner rather than later.

Year to 30.06.05 $2.45
Year to 30.06.06 $2.35
Year to 30.06.07 $2.24
Year to 30.06.08 $2.32

These are predicted averages.

Your mileage may vary.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

which translated means - will you get your hands out of your pockets and give us some money you sloth.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Talking

I hate to tempt fate, but you have to admit, the pound looks like its on a recovery. All the news at the moment is about the UK growth being higher and faster than anticipated. This can only result in a stronger Pound. The next few months look good at least.

Praying for $2.80!!!!!.. you never know, its been there many times before.

Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:03 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

It did actually get to 2.69 at the beginging of June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.