Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2,000,000th post approaching!

2,000,000th post approaching!

Old Jan 24th 2005, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2,000,000th post approaching!

No, not Bondipom (only joking mate, your posts are much appreciated); there are less than 5,000 posts to go for the 2,000,000th post on BE's. Who will have the dubious honour? When will it happen? What award will the mods offer?

OzTennis
Old Jan 24th 2005, 3:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2,000,000th post approaching!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
What award will the mods offer?

OzTennis

A Weekend with Mike Stanton & Eatstatic perhaps???
Old Jan 24th 2005, 3:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

No, not Bondipom (only joking mate, your posts are much appreciated); there are less than 5,000 posts to go for the 2,000,000th post on BE's. Who will have the dubious honour? When will it happen? What award will the mods offer?

OzTennis
I think your maths is a bit out there OT. Nearer 400,000 posts required
Attached Thumbnails 2,000,000th post approaching!-.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2005, 3:53 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
I think your maths is a bit out there OT. Nearer 400,000 posts required

Doesn't say much for our Scottish teachers does it.

Sorry Oz T.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 4:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Doesn't say much for our Scottish teachers does it.
I'm saying nothing. The deputy head in my school is Scottish too!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saying nothing. The deputy head in my school is Scottish too!
This is post #1,995,527 that I am replying too. Where I come from and where I am now they reckon that is 4,473 posts off 2 million. Last week I noticed it was 35,000 off the mark so it will happen later this week!

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:56 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

This is post #1,995,527 that I am replying too. Where I come from and where I am now they reckon that is 4,473 posts off 2 million. Last week I noticed it was 35,000 off the mark so it will happen later this week!

OzTennis
I think they are right OzT
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis
My reply to WMoore was 1,997,506 so there have been 1,979 posts since 5.01 pm BST yesterday; nearly 2,000 posts in just over half a day so with 2,494 to go it's going to happen today or tomorrow. This could rival the countdown to the millennium.

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seang
I think they are right OzT
Are their PC's showing 1.6 million posts?

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are their PC's showing 1.6 million posts?

OzTennis
Ah, just checked the thumbnail with the BE stats. When you reply it gives you the number of the thread and the the number of the reply at the bottom of the screen. That's the number I noticed, which is close to the mark. Why the diff? (edits included in the figure at the bottom?). Curiouser and Curiouser!

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:09 am
What's happening dudes?

OzTennis
Does that mean that over the course of time, 300-odd thousand posts have been deleted? Dunno but the stats say only 1.6 million posts exist on the system, though I now realise where you're coming from.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does that mean that over the course of time, 300-odd thousand posts have been deleted? Dunno but the stats say only 1.6 million posts exist on the system, though I now realise where you're coming from.
We both know where we're coming from now. This is thread 279,631 (at the bottom of screen) and the official stats are 67,000 odd below this. I think we are due an explanation - edits and deletes most likely and if a thread is moved is there double counting?

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bordy
A Weekend with Mike Stanton & Eatstatic perhaps???
If the weekend was in Oz they would probably be excruciating company and would whinge all the time about getting back to civilisation (I'm a celebrity, get me out of here).

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad we got that sorted!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:05 am
What's happening dudes?

I think we are due an explanation
I have asked the question and I'll let you in on the answer as soon as I know it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.