1st timers

Old Feb 8th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool 1st timers

hi all

Finally after 8 years and 2 visits to australia we have decided to apply for migration.
we have forwarded our skills assessment and we are just waiting for the reply.
Skills assessments, professional engineer qualifications washington accord , has anyone any idea how long for a reply?
We intend to head for Adelaide.
Great news to hear that shelly and paul our x-neighbours are jetting of to Adelaide in March.

Grateful for any info and advice.
thanks
karen.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st timers

Welcome aboard. See you and Shelly both in Adelaide soon
Mash...
Originally posted by karen and andy
hi all

Finally after 8 years and 2 visits to australia we have decided to apply for migration.
Skills assessments, professional engineer qualifications washington accord , has anyone any idea how long for a reply?
Great news to hear that shelly and paul our x-neighbours are jetting of to Adelaide in March.

thanks
karen.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Good luck with the whole experience. it takes a LONG time. just ask Mash ( sorry Mash but i think you are the true oldtimer now)im also hopefully heading to adelaide. wish you luck

CrunchieFrog
Old Feb 9th 2003, 6:38 am
shellypuss

Hiya Both,

Will see you both for a chinky and some lovely South Australian wine in a couple of weeks, I will mail you.

We will all be together on the beach for Xmas getting smashed (and burnt).

Everyone on here is so helpful, your in good company.

Speak soon.

Shelly

hi all

thanks
karen.

Old Feb 9th 2003, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i've just sent my tra in and been told @6 weeks for notification as a 'priority' application

forgive me but what is 'washington accord'??

cheers

richard

adleaide bound -now as mr & mrs bartlett!!
Old Feb 9th 2003, 7:29 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by r.bartlett
forgive me but what is 'washington accord'??
The Washington Accord is an accord that allows for the mutual recognition of Engineering degrees by signatory countries, including Australia, the UK, the US and a few other advanced countries.

IEAust uses the Washington Accord to immediately grant recognition to persons holding an accredited degree from a signatory country. Thus an automatic positive skills assessment.

Peter
Old Feb 9th 2003, 8:50 pm
Ev'n'John

hi all

thanks
karen.
My assessment via the Washington Accord (for a Civil Engineering degree) took 25 days from the date of posting last November. Although the IEAust quote 10 weeks as a processing period, they seem to be able to do Washington Accord assessments a great deal quicker.

I won't actually be using my Skills Assessment now as I have since successfully "resumed" Australian Citizenship and we are now going down the Spouse Visa route instead!!

Good luck with your application.

Regards,
Evelyn.

Old Feb 10th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

To all that have replied to our mail,
Thank you for all your advice and welcomes. Its good to know there are plenty of us in the same boat.

Thanks again,

Andy and Karen