The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:33 am
cob
Just Joined

cob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaykay
Okay everyone.

If I make the date of the meet up for the 2nd November would that suit everyone? (It's a Sunday).

I'm still looking into pubs but will confirm a.s.a.p.

Regards

Hi Jaykay
We have be in Melbourne for about 16 months and would love to meet up with you all.
Looking forward to it
cob
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Thanks to everyone for letting me know if you're able to make it on the 2nd. Looks like it's going to be a good turnout.

Hi to Cob. Always nice to hear from new people on the forum.

So here's my next question.

I know I mentioned that we could meet in a pub, but would people rather meet in a nice park with BBQ and picnic facilities?People could then bring their own food and drink.

There are plenty of places we could meet. Somewhere near the beach, or somewhere like Healesville or Badgers Creek?

Any other ideas?

Regards
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jaykay,

A park would be great as we never both get to sit down at the same time in a pub - one of us is always chasing the toddler about. Is the weather likely to be OK by 2 Nov? Don't know if the wind might still be chilly by the beach then.

Westerfolds Park (in Templestowe) looks nice (by the river) with BBQs and a playground, canoeing etc. And there's a cafe to sit in if it rains I think. But that's just from reading the PR for it. Do you know it? You're the local - anywhere's fine by us.

See you soon,

Jo
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:56 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Us too - just let us know time and place!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:39 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Jolyn
Hi Jaykay,

A park would be great as we never both get to sit down at the same time in a pub - one of us is always chasing the toddler about. Is the weather likely to be OK by 2 Nov? Don't know if the wind might still be chilly by the beach then.

Westerfolds Park (in Templestowe) looks nice (by the river) with BBQs and a playground, canoeing etc. And there's a cafe to sit in if it rains I think. But that's just from reading the PR for it. Do you know it? You're the local - anywhere's fine by us.

See you soon,

Jo
Hi jolyn..were did you manage to get in Melbourne? are you staying around Templestowe, ferntree gully way?
last time i heard you were unsure of were to settle let us know how you get on anyway..
im flying from the uk 4 weeks after you on the 21 st nov and cant wait...
johanne
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Johanne,

Not quite there yet - arriving 21st Oct - one month before you. I'll send you a PM to catch up.

Can't wait to go-go-go!

Just heard this morning that our moggie has arrived safely and is sunning herself in the outdoor part of her quarantine pen.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:25 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Hi Johanne,

Not quite there yet - arriving 21st Oct - one month before you. I'll send you a PM to catch up.

Can't wait to go-go-go!

Just heard this morning that our moggie has arrived safely and is sunning herself in the outdoor part of her quarantine pen.
Good to hear that your pussy is sunning herself on the varandah ( without sounding too rude )

im gettin excited now 6 weeks to go, its less then 2 weeks for you now isnt it?:scared:
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to go-go-go!

good news Jo, Is she still eating, thats the question, shes got some work to do to keep that figure, lets face it
Old Oct 9th 2003, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

The very friendly quarantine boss, Wayne, mentioned that Rota the cat appeared to have an eating problem. Must be a bit inobservant - it's a NOT eating problem... Then he asked what she ate. Thought that was obvious too - anything and everything... They don't stock diet food (she's been on a diet for 4 years just to stop her getting bigger) so we might be getting more pussy back than expected.:scared: She won't want to leave the place!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:19 am
Fez
Just Joined

Fez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Hi guys

My name is Fez and I moved to Melbourne with my man last October. We've had a great year here and would love to meet up with other Brits to swap stories and watch Aus get thrashed in the rugby! Please include us in the arrangements for your meet-up - we live fairly central (Nth Carlton) and have a car so can get almost anywhere.

I'd also like to direct you all to another site which is trying to arrange a Brit meet-up in Melbourne but is failing due to low numbers. It's a good site as you can suggest and vote for venues for the meetings. Please go along and vote! http://brit.meetup.com/members/861

Hope to meet you all soon,
Fez
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:19 am
Fez
Just Joined

Fez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Hi guys

My name is Fez and I moved to Melbourne with my man last October. We've had a great year here and would love to meet up with other Brits to swap stories and watch Aus get thrashed in the rugby! Please include us in the arrangements for your meet-up - we live fairly central (Nth Carlton) and have a car so can get almost anywhere.

I'd also like to direct you all to another site which is trying to arrange a Brit meet-up in Melbourne but is failing due to low numbers. It's a good site as you can suggest and vote for venues for the meetings. Please go along and vote! http://brit.meetup.com/members/861

Hope to meet you all soon,
Fez