Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st Contact Migration?

1st Contact Migration?

Old Jun 29th 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about
Default 1st Contact Migration?

Out of interest has anyone delt with this migration firm?

They seem quite professional.

Am waiting from a response from them about applying for Skilled Independent.

Wuld be good to hear any feedback B4 I speak to them

Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

DBASS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there this is the first time I have ever replied on this forum -so here goes.

We have used 1st migration although we are still in the early days. We spoke to Caroline who was excellent. They operate on a no visa no fee basis and therefore when they took our case we were delighted as they only take cases they think they are going to get through.

We have been given our case officer and have received our forms and info pack :scared:

Good luck and it will be interesting to see if anyone else has feedback.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:38 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st Contact

We are using them too! They are fantastic...I spoke to Caroline Cronin first too. Very helpful and professional. I know have my own agent, Leigh Duncan who is also very good. Lets hope I bloody well get a Visa!

Lucy:scared:
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:43 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1st Contact

Originally posted by lucyb
We are using them too! They are fantastic...I spoke to Caroline Cronin first too. Very helpful and professional. I know have my own agent, Leigh Duncan who is also very good. Lets hope I bloody well get a Visa!

Lucy:scared:

I'm sure you will be fine Lucy. Have you been to Aus before by the way??
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

MrMrsClumsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1stcontact

We are also in the process of using these, we spoke to Bronwin, very helpfull.
However we have some issues so I think they are waiving the no visa no fee.

But this is not a problem as we expected this

Cheers
Mr and Mrs Clumsy

Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:06 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts: make sure the person responsible for lodging your application is a registered migration agent, and that the person handling your application on a day to day basis has the technical competency and experience to handle all aspects of your application. Ask the consultant how long he or she has been involved in Australian immigration work ...

Also, most registered migration agents don't operate a no visa = no fee policy because of the financial requirements placed upon them under the MARA's Code of Conduct (the MARA = the Migration Agents Registration Authority, which is the regulatory body overseeing the regulation of the Australian migration advice profession - see www.themara.com.au ). As such a no visa = no fee policy usually isn't an issue of being confident about the success of your application - it is a marketing stance used by agents who aren't registered.

Best regards.