Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st Christmas in Oz.

1st Christmas in Oz.

Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:31 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Christmas in Oz.

Originally Posted by fraser
Some people have no class

This'll actually be our second xmas in Oz.

We'll be spending it with our mates Nicole & Leon at her mums house in Burwood.
Do they have broadband ?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Do they have broadband ?
Nah, but loads of alcohol and maybe some alternatives
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:45 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

All this sounds great!,thanks for your suggestions.

Ive never really enjoyed Xmas day,the best part was waiting for the kids to wake up run down the stairs & tear open their pressies,seeing their wee faces light up,just magic!

Having to get dressed up to go to in-laws,hoping they like their gifts,hoping the kids behave or dont moan too much about wanting to go home to play with their new toys,etc,etc...that horrible ate to much feeling afterwards & all you want to do is lounge on the sofa, cant leave too soon after dinner as its rude!cant drink unless you pre-book a taxi! blah,blah

Oh, I'm glad to be free of our traditions & for once I'm beginning to feel quite excited about Xmas!!

Donna.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
All this sounds great!,thanks for your suggestions.

Ive never really enjoyed Xmas day,the best part was waiting for the kids to wake up run down the stairs & tear open their pressies,seeing their wee faces light up,just magic!

Having to get dressed up to go to in-laws,hoping they like their gifts,hoping the kids behave or dont moan too much about wanting to go home to play with their new toys,etc,etc...that horrible ate to much feeling afterwards & all you want to do is lounge on the sofa, cant leave too soon after dinner as its rude!cant drink unless you pre-book a taxi! blah,blah

Oh, I'm glad to be free of our traditions & for once I'm beginning to feel quite excited about Xmas!!

Donna.

It's a pain isn't it, thiws year you can just enjoy yourselves
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Awh..a Xmas baby,your New years certainly going to be different!

Wishing you all the best x

Donna.
Thanks Donna. This is possibly the 3rd X'mas baby in my immediate family - my dad and I were both born on Christmas day. My FIL and one of ADL's nephews were born on 18 and 17 Dec respectivelly. I really want our little girl to have her own birthday because I just know how many cards and presents she might be missing out in the next 20 years. May be that's not necessarily be a bad thing - can be good for ADL's and my wallets.

Back on subject here - I cannot find on the web or yellow pages where I can order a fresh goose. Probably need to visit call up some poultry farms.

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:10 am
Just Joined

sunbaker will become famous soon enough

Hi GuysI

Its going to be our first christmas in Oz and we are going to have our christmas dinner late christmas eve as you can light the candles and have your lights on the tree so hopefully will feel tradiional, but our kids are teens and a 10yr old then im going to go to midnight mass tipsy of course, then christmas day there is a load of us expats meeting up at the beach to play games with the kids eat and drink and just have a good time, I always wanted to escape for christmas but having four kids it was always impossible cant wait, but I am just going to go with it and not even going to try to match up to what I used to do at home, it used to take me three days to prepare my xmas dinner, mind you have got my mincemeat for my pies and will still do them as I love em

Cheers
Donna
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

This will be our third Christmas here but our first one without visitors!!!

Its going to be very strange. I think that we will do it the Aussie way and head to the local lake for a BBQ.

Anybody else in Melbourne on their own and want to get together?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: 1st Christmas in Oz.

Hi,

This will be our very first Xmas in Oz & I'm not quite sure how to plan Xmas day
We are spending it on our own,where as every other year back home we would go to hubby's parents for Xmas dinner or they would come to ours,planning for dinner was easy back home too but here its going to be too warm to slave over the cooker for a traditional Xmas meal
Dont want to go out for dinner as we feel as its our first we want to be in our own home,let the kids enjoy their pressies

What did all you guys do on your very 1st Xmas here? or if you are in the same position as us how are you planning the day?

Donna.
Hi it's ours to! Moved to KellyVille in Sydney back in September, we have 4 kids. Looks like a roast at home and a trip down to the nearest beach maybe or a day by our pool!

One things for sure, it's gonna be a lot quieter and very different!

Dave and Lin
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Well our first Christmas in Oz is actually being spent in UK, as we decided to head there to see relatives etc. Not sure it was a wise choice as the kids want to stay here, so our first Oz Xmas will be next year. Booked it ages ago when we thought it was a good idea...............

Amanda
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:31 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Do what all Australians do on public holidays - go out and with your full esky and begin drinking at around 9am - keep drinking in the sun until you fall over.
unbeknown to my wife this has been my plan all along.

Mr Madsad