Wikiposts

18 yr old son

Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 18 yr old son

Yes, you've done the right thing. Our boy has said he doesn't want to come from the beginning. He wavered a couple of times but he's settled on what he's going to do next year and he knows he can come over to visit or live if he wants. As it gets closer I do worry about how he'll cope, but he's convinced he will so I have to give him the chance to try. I wonder how many phone calls we'll get to say he's run out of money!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

hmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by kiwinow
As it gets closer I do worry about how he'll cope, but he's convinced he will so I have to give him the chance to try. I wonder how many phone calls we'll get to say he's run out of money!
Lol yes i think we'll be wondering the same thing, but these last couple of days i have noticed him doing the things he wouldn't ordinaraly do IE:getting out of bed without me yelling at him to, tidying up and so on. i guess this his his way of saying "i will prove to you i can do this"
He said he doesn't want to be on the visa, and will probably come over on a studant visa, that way he isn't still attatched to us so to speak he just wants to do this his own way in his own time. So it looks like i will have to grit my teeth and allow him to grow up and be the responsable adult he wants to beSo my thoughts now are to get him to move out about 6 months before we leave then i can see that yes he can cope and of course i will worry but hopefully not as much as i would have been had we just left and not seen him being responsable (if that makes sense). We have also talked about giving some money to a good friend of ours so if son does desperatly need money he can get it from there, of course he won't know the money is there untill he phones us and we inform our friend to give him only the amount he needs at least then if he doesn't use it he can use that for his student visa and flight. We will see, at least i suppose he told us now and not when our boxes are on the lorry.
Thank you guys

H xx
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hmh1uk
Lol yes i think we'll be wondering the same thing, but these last couple of days i have noticed him doing the things he wouldn't ordinaraly do IE:getting out of bed without me yelling at him to, tidying up and so on. i guess this his his way of saying "i will prove to you i can do this"
He said he doesn't want to be on the visa, and will probably come over on a studant visa, that way he isn't still attatched to us so to speak he just wants to do this his own way in his own time. So it looks like i will have to grit my teeth and allow him to grow up and be the responsable adult he wants to beSo my thoughts now are to get him to move out about 6 months before we leave then i can see that yes he can cope and of course i will worry but hopefully not as much as i would have been had we just left and not seen him being responsable (if that makes sense). We have also talked about giving some money to a good friend of ours so if son does desperatly need money he can get it from there, of course he won't know the money is there untill he phones us and we inform our friend to give him only the amount he needs at least then if he doesn't use it he can use that for his student visa and flight. We will see, at least i suppose he told us now and not when our boxes are on the lorry.
Thank you guys

H xx
Its probably fair to tell him how much a student visa may cost, does he have aroung $40K per semester for off shore fees. Don't get me wrong, I can totally understand him striving towards independance, but it is fair to let him make an informed decision. Off shore studant fee's are HUGE.

T