Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

18 months in Aus...

18 months in Aus...

Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 months in Aus...

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
I thought it was a great post. It's always good to hear views from all sides.

Except....the "unnerving" things is

a) As a *supposedly* senior Manager this person should surely be used to criticism and therefore not be unnerved by negative comments

b) Mods [in my view] should not encourage people to use multiple identities and should inform posters they are to be true to themselves and others and take the good with the bad. Or don't post.

If someone hasn't got the nerve to show who they really are...then perhaps they should keep schtum. To do otherwise is either two faced, lying or gutless. What are they trying to hide? It does make you wonder if this was a genuine post or not, which is a shame as it came across so well. Perhaps they were lying and if people knew their true identity, they'd be found out?

We are who we are, are we not

We are all different. None any better than the other. Just different.

There's so much bullshit on here sometimes it never fails to amaze. If this person is being honest, what have they to hide? Unless of course they pretend to be someone or something they're not

Personally, anyone who pretends to be someone or something different, I take with a pinch of salt. If someone hasn't got the balls to stand up to be counted, chances are they are false. A shame cos there is good and bad in all walks of life. A job, money, clothes....do not "maketh a man".

A bullshitter if ever I saw one.

Senior Manager who can't take flak. Yeah right

Come out of the closet you mongrel

Sounds like someones "mooncup" is full
Old Aug 5th 2006, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Sounds like someones "mooncup" is full
LoL....not at all.

It's called being open and honest with nothing to hide
Old Aug 5th 2006, 12:15 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
LoL....not at all.

It's called being open and honest with nothing to hide
The OP discussed the post with Admin before any decision was taken on possible bans or deletion of accounts.
The reasons outlined in the post for the creation of an alternate [single use] log on were acceptable to Admin. As you can see for yourself the resulting flack the post has attracted would have discouraged any poster from posting under their real identity.
We as moderators have had no cause to disagree with the decision made by Admin as the OP clearly didn't wish to disclose their identity.
It remains an accurate and balanced view of life as a senior manager, the only issue is that as the account was a one off, any kind of follow up response by the OP is impossible.
Sean & Polly.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread has run it's course now. There are opinions on both sides which have been voiced. As I have stated before, everyone is entitled to express their own thoughts but lets be mindful of HOW we express them. The sharing of information and experiences either positive or negative is helpful to all.

FYI - Whilst I understand the OP's reasons for starting this thread under an assumed name I would like to let you all know that this thread was not started with admin prior approval. I only discovered who the member was after the thread had been posted and told the person concerned that, as expected, the "alias" was going to be removed as we don't allow any member to have multiple usernames.

Now if you don't mind I am going to polish of a big bar of galaxy that is calling me from the fridge.