Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

18 months in Aus...

18 months in Aus...

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:24 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of
Default Re: 18 months in Aus...

Are you married? If not wait for me I will be in Melbourne 2007!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:41 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Fair enough.

G
However

That does not the post any less of a wind up or, if not a wind up, any less patronising.

Many inflammatory posts are posted by regulars using an alternative log in and that is not usually tolerated.

It also sets a dangerous precedent if it is allowed as there is no way that any of us can tell who we are replying to.

For all I know the OP may have already replied on this thread and, if so, it would be nice to know.

G
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sunbather
Is that not what you have been doing in your posts on this thread?

No I wasn't,,,,my wife actually pointed out this thread to me, we both agree that , he does come across quite brash......and yes i stand by what Mrs northern monkey said,she cant wait to leave arrogant, tossers behind" and believe me in my town there are lots. i on the other had, if you had bothered to read my reply and not took out the bits you wanted to and muddled them around in your little mind. i said and say it again, i have no problems with people being successful. i HAVE a problem with people who constantly moan about people that have become successful.,( at the same time moaning about the glorious weather we are having).

look it did seam that he was having a dig at tradesmen, but i dont care really, why u ask,,,,,,,,because we ( i my eyes ) are the backbone and help build the future of any country, we all need 4 walls and a roof with all the important parts inside to work,play,have fun and live. with out us extremely skilled and passionate tradesmen and women of the world we would all be still living in caves, well mine wouldn't have any drafts, leaks BUTwould have storage space, probably a split level cave with a games room and maybe a extension on the side.

only a few weeks now until we set off, and i can only hope for one thing,,,,,i hope i can sit back in my chair and write a thread regarding how happy and smug i am with my life in oz,,,,,after all isn't that why we are all leaving to join pro pom on his comfy sofa, sorry Pro "Chaise Lounge" of glee

ta Mr NM
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:26 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

However

That does not the post any less of a wind up or, if not a wind up, any less patronising.

Many inflammatory posts are posted by regulars using an alternative log in and that is not usually tolerated.

It also sets a dangerous precedent if it is allowed as there is no way that any of us can tell who we are replying to.

For all I know the OP may have already replied on this thread and, if so, it would be nice to know.

G
Which bits did you find patronising?

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:03 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

However

G
Those one post wonders I mentioned earlier haven't been banned either mate. Not saying it's right, but given the way his post was received, can you really blame him? Look, you may well have found the tone of his post patronising, but you have to admit there was far more real content in there, than the vast majority of the 'Australia sucks' posts which are usually little more than xenophobic rants.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Those one post wonders I mentioned earlier haven't been banned either mate. Not saying it's right, but given the way his post was received, can you really blame him? Look, you may well have found the tone of his post patronising, but you have to admit there was far more real content in there, than the vast majority of the 'Australia sucks' posts which are usually little more than xenophobic rants.
As an arrogant snob myself, I didn't have a problem with the content per se, but it was the cloak and dagger stuff and the way he appeared to be setting himself up to get banned. Seemed a bit unnecessary and bound to set alarm bells ringing.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:54 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exile
As an arrogant snob myself, I didn't have a problem with the content per se, but it was the cloak and dagger stuff and the way he appeared to be setting himself up to get banned. Seemed a bit unnecessary and bound to set alarm bells ringing.
Yea, he probably was building himself up for a fall by admitting that his dual-identity was a banable offence. But like I say, with Jad n Rich accusing him of being an "upmarket but arrogant troll who likes to brag a bit" ... I'd say he had a pretty good measure of this forum.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, he probably was building himself up for a fall by admitting that his dual-identity was a banable offence. But like I say, with Jad n Rich accusing him of being an "upmarket but arrogant troll who likes to brag a bit" ... I'd say he had a pretty good measure of this forum.

My post also said "Very funny " because I thought it was just so obvious who it is, I thought they were giving out very obvious clues and one liners to show who they were.

As it turns out its now supposed to be a serious post where the poster needed their identity protected. Well OK then I was wrong, big deal at least I can admit when I am wrong, sorry to mr/mrs serious professional poster then.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
My post also said "Very funny " because I thought it was just so obvious who it is, I thought they were giving out very obvious clues and one liners to show who they were.
I have to admit I thought the same thing. I guess it could be that attitudes are contagious, and users of the forum feed off each other and adopt each other's turn of phrase, opinions, etc.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:25 pm
Australia's Doorman

Would still love to know who it really was. Reckon they should come clean and 'fess up.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:36 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Is my maths all wrong? Surely $10k+ per month x 12 months is $120k+. That is a good salary but not a superduper one. As has been said previously, there are lots of other posters earning more. (Look at our new friend Wintersgill, he's pulling in $4K a week, man) If you convert it back to UK, wouldn't a senior executive travelling all over Europe earn more than £50k?

Jane

$10k a month net would be $210k pa gross. $10k gross a month would be $120k gross pa.

You would definitley want more than 50k in UK to be flying all over Europe.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Would still love to know who it really was. Reckon they should come clean and 'fess up.
Why break the habit of a forum-time?

Let's choose someone indiscriminately, break out the pitch-forks and torches, and chase them into the hills
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:18 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

1)The "one post wonders" did nothing wrong did they?
2)Was anything they said against forum rules?
3)None were multiple identities.
As to the identity of Pro Pom that's up to them to disclose. As multiple identities are against forum rules the account used to generate the post was deleted just as the OP said it would be. Therefore it's not been necessary to issue a ban.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:26 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by cresta57
1)The "one post wonders" did nothing wrong did they?
2)Was anything they said against forum rules?
3)None were multiple identities.
As to the identity of Pro Pom that's up to them to disclose. As multiple identities are against forum rules the account used to generate the post was deleted just as the OP said it would be. Therefore it's not been necessary to issue a ban.
Think we're arguing at cross-purposes Cresta - that's effectively all I was saying to Grayling.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 6:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

There are still a few things I could add to this thread but it seems a bit pointless now.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.