Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

17 years old - driving test

17 years old - driving test

Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:01 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default 17 years old - driving test

Can anyone let me know the current rules in the UK please and if they plan to bring over a 17 year old with a full driving licence?

The current laws in NSW for drivers are you can get L plates at 16 after passing written (computer) test, you have to log 50 (moving to 100) hrs driving in a year and then pass a practical driving test at 17+ and another written. You then have three years on P plates with restrictions on how fast you can drive and a zero tolerance for alcohol.

I am interested in 17/18 year old who have past their test in the UK...can they come over and get a direct transfer to a full NSW Licence...I am most interested in recent cases. The web sites do not give decent details.

My eldest is turning 16 soon and may be spending time in the UK/Europe and also having cousins visit I am thinking about cars and licencsing laws.

Cheers for any info
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:44 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all
Default Re: 17 years old - driving test

You cant get behind the wheel of a car in the UK until you are 17. Not sure what the deal is with you, but my only suggestion is to contact

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/

Im sure they could answer any questions that you have.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Can anyone let me know the current rules in the UK please and if they plan to bring over a 17 year old with a full driving licence?

The current laws in NSW for drivers are you can get L plates at 16 after passing written (computer) test, you have to log 50 (moving to 100) hrs driving in a year and then pass a practical driving test at 17+ and another written. You then have three years on P plates with restrictions on how fast you can drive and a zero tolerance for alcohol.

I am interested in 17/18 year old who have past their test in the UK...can they come over and get a direct transfer to a full NSW Licence...I am most interested in recent cases. The web sites do not give decent details.

My eldest is turning 16 soon and may be spending time in the UK/Europe and also having cousins visit I am thinking about cars and licencsing laws.

Cheers for any info
i think u have to be driving for a full year in the uk. ot u go on to Ps
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra

Cheers for any info
yeah me too, my son has just started driving lessons

this week in the hopw he might have passed before moving to aus. will he be able to swap his uk full DL in QLD does anyone know or will he still be classed as a provisional driver?

thanks
deb