Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

from 15yr mortgage in UK to a 30yr mortgage in Oz!!!!

Wikiposts

from 15yr mortgage in UK to a 30yr mortgage in Oz!!!!

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:58 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: from 15yr mortgage in UK to a 30yr mortgage in Oz!!!!

Originally posted by janeyray
Bring it on!!!!!!

you are too real... try b*ll sh*ting if you want to be liked

This has been my main gripe... I say when things are good .. I say when things are bad. If you post bad..be prepared for attack and labled a troll.

Sometimes it's not worth the hassle. So I tend to stick to "nice subjects" these days... now and again I'm bursting....

Aus has loads of bad points... but please do not tell the "good time bunch".

Cheers

P. S this doesn't mean that you've come over "to the other side" lol (labelling... is a form of a stupidity in my opinion)with us ... the so- called troll side " Stick to your experiencences., it's refreshing to hear ... and most people in Aus do know what you're talking about, you can always tell the "real" people from the B*ll shiters., which is quite laughable at times.

B*gger what "they" think. It's their prob if their can't handle real day to day real life truths

Just stick to your own views ... good or bad, or both.

Cheers and good luck.

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 11th 2003 at 5:50 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:29 pm
owieb

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I can admire those who tell the truth on this forum so hope they refugees go easy on you they fear the real world and wish to hear no real tales of the Australian lifestyle.
Couldn't agree more PB.

I've been in Perth a year now and absolutely love it, yeah it does have it's problems, but I've got the lifestyle I wanted.

I've been reading these forums for a few months now and was never really that bothered about the comments people were making. But however much you and many others try to spell it out they still have this blinkered view and believe moving to Australia is going to solve all the problems they have in the UK.

From a very selfish point of view, what p*sses me off is that, these people are wasting the few opportunities there are for real genuine people who want to migrate and make a go of it here.

All the best for your return to the UK.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb
Couldn't agree more PB.

I've been in Perth a year now and absolutely love it, yeah it does have it's problems, but I've got the lifestyle I wanted.

I've been reading these forums for a few months now and was never really that bothered about the comments people were making. But however much you and many others try to spell it out they still have this blinkered view and believe moving to Australia is going to solve all the problems they have in the UK.

From a very selfish point of view, what p*sses me off is that, these people are wasting the few opportunities there are for real genuine people who want to migrate and make a go of it here.

All the best for your return to the UK.
Thanks for your good wishes I find your views not that far removed from mine I have grown tired of the people who whinge about their life in the UK but have not done any better here .
The old bull that does the rounds here sounds great to a newcomer but after awhile I think we look around think right why I have come here and the reasons do not match upto my ambitions.
The UK will never be all things to all men but neather is Australia.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Janeyray, good post, full of information, straight to the point, no whinging, bullshiting, or abuse.
These are the posts that we like to read/ups and downs of Oz
Bring em on

Whisky
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Thanks for your good wishes I find your views not that far removed from mine I have grown tired of the people who whinge about their life in the UK but have not done any better here .
The old bull that does the rounds here sounds great to a newcomer but after awhile I think we look around think right why I have come here and the reasons do not match upto my ambitions.
The UK will never be all things to all men but neather is Australia.

Blimey PB, Good post
Old Aug 11th 2003, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Janeyray

Thaks for an honest post. Post like these are useful to prospective migrants.

footie chick
Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:41 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just ask where is this onslaught? It doesn't seem to have materialised, does it?

I think some people out there have got confused about the difference between an honest post and downright pointless moaning and groaning. No-one is going to attack you for sharing genuine experiences. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you so far.

What I can't stand is that arrogant attitude of "You're making a big mistake and you'll soon find out", that keeps cropping up in a lot of posts. We all have to find out for ourselves.

Andy

Originally posted by Ceri
you are too real... try b*ll sh*ting if you want to be liked

This has been my main gripe... I say when things are good .. I say when things are bad. If you post bad..be prepared for attack and labled a troll.

Sometimes it's not worth the hassle. So I tend to stick to "nice subjects" these days... now and again I'm bursting....

Aus has loads of bad points... but please do not tell the "good time bunch".

Cheers

P. S this doesn't mean that you've come over "to the other side" lol (labelling... is a form of a stupidity in my opinion)with us ... the so- called troll side " Stick to your experiencences., it's refreshing to hear ... and most people in Aus do know what you're talking about, you can always tell the "real" people from the B*ll shiters., which is quite laughable at times.

B*gger what "they" think. It's their prob if their can't handle real day to day real life truths

Just stick to your own views ... good or bad, or both.

Cheers and good luck.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:18 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with the above, Good post no point in flaming one of the few decent posts on this site in ages.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:06 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
I agree with the above, Good post no point in flaming one of the few decent posts on this site in ages.
Your outlook is then pat the good guys on the head and who are the good guys may I ask in your court of no appeal.