Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

14 OF US COMING TO CAIRNS FOR MY WEDDING

14 OF US COMING TO CAIRNS FOR MY WEDDING

Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

LOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant future
Default 14 OF US COMING TO CAIRNS FOR MY WEDDING

Next summer all my family from UK and me and my family from Tenerife, Canary Islands are coming to visit my sis who lives in Clifton Beach, Cairns, and to have my wedding!! We are visiting for a month.

My sis has just moved to clifton and said its not a good place to stay for a holiday and the accommodation rentals are very limited.

Where shall we stay? Trinity Beach, Palm Cove or Cairns city, any suggestions? We are on a very tight budget, redundancies unfortunately.

There are 7 kids in the group so beaches and lots of activities are essential, good old fashioned self catering apartments sound like a cheap option, or do you think half board somewhere?

Many thanks

LOLLYSPAIN
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:17 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 14 OF US COMING TO CAIRNS FOR MY WEDDING

We stayed in Il Palazzo apartments in Cairns in 2007 and couldn't recommend them highly enough! They've perfectly located for going to the beach, shopping, cinema, places to eat etc. Wasn't expensive, apartment was just lovely and had everything we needed including a kitchen so we could save some money by cooking ourselves. There was even a laundry in the apartment which was handly after a day mucking around in the rainforest. The lady who ran/owns the apartments was brilliant, spent a lot of time checking us in and making sure we had everything we needed. She organised trips for us, gave us tons of info on things to do etc. and was always helpful and friendly as were the other staff we met.

Here's a link..

http://www.ilpalazzo.com.au/

Tx
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:19 am
Just Joined

LOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant futureLOLLYSPAIN has a brilliant future

Thanks RedT
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years ago I stayed here:

http://www.harbourlightscairns.com.au/

No beaches in Cairns city but this place is right beside the swimming lagoon.

We paid $320/night for a 3 bed apartment which comfortably sleeps six.

Not sure if you'd find anywhere doing 'half board' - if you did it would probably cost an arm and a leg.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcworld
A couple of years ago I stayed here:

http://www.harbourlightscairns.com.au/

No beaches in Cairns city but this place is right beside the swimming lagoon.

We paid $320/night for a 3 bed apartment which comfortably sleeps six.

Not sure if you'd find anywhere doing 'half board' - if you did it would probably cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks bcworld
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:11 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at the Reef Retreat, Palm Cove, when we got married in Oz (before we lived here). It's self-catering and very reasonable.

You do mean Northern Hemisphere summer, don't you? In our summertime the beaches may be shut due to stingers. Palm Cove was when we were there in early January.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.181.com.au/ We stayed here when we first arrived although I am not sure on cost as the Hospital paid for it. They were very good sized apartments & very well equipped.Across the road from the esplanade & short walk to Muddys playground & the Lagoon, restaurants etc. Nice pool area with bbq too.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:13 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, I just realised I mentioned a beach in my reply! I didn't mean beach I meant the lagoon which is just wonderful for swimming in.

Hope you find something nice Lolly, we absolutely loved Cairns
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LOLLYSPAIN
My sis has just moved to clifton and said its not a good place to stay for a holiday and the accommodation rentals are very limited. LOLLYSPAIN
So your sister agreed with me then.

If you decide you want to be close to your sister and the beach then Palm Cove offers the most.
We stayed in this place a few months ago and it was really good. We had one of the 2 bedroom suites and they are very, very spacious.
Swimming pools are excellent too.
http://www.mangolagoon.com.au/index.htm

Wherever you fancy try to do a deal as a month is a long time and good business. Email them with full details of dates, numbers and preferred apartment sizes and ask them to make you an offer.

I would have thought a lot of places would offer some sort of discount rate for the group booking.