Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

12 year old - how do they cope?

12 year old - how do they cope?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 11:27 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default 12 year old - how do they cope?

Hi all, just wondering from those of you who already live in oz with your kids and those who are planning to:

How does your child/ren cope with the new surroundings, schools, move etc.

i am a little concerned about my 12 year old son and how he will cope, he seems really excited about the prospect of moving abroad, but as kids, i am not sure that they take it all in, and i worry that this could cause problems, ie. his biological father (not that he has much to do with him - but he is still my sons father!!) will be left in the UK, along with his friends and people he knows, and also schooling and education, he is year 8 now, we are hoping to move (dependant on visa grant that is) next march therefore he will start a new school slap bang in the middle, has anyone had any experiences good and bad that they can share.
I think sometimes as parents the whole process of migrating and a new life can sometimes leave us blind to other peoples feelings.
I want to make a better life for my family and i am sure everything will be fine, but sometimes i have niggling doubts - afterall i am only human!!

any thoughts would be appreciated.

regards
vb2