12 months later

Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

jak xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 months later

hi all, weve been in brisbane,(from rainy kidderminster) for 12 months now. a hard 12 months, settling in etc. good luck to those waiting. jackie
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 months later

Originally posted by jak xx
hi all, weve been in brisbane,(from rainy kidderminster) for 12 months now. a hard 12 months, settling in etc. good luck to those waiting. jackie

Don't tease us like this!!! Tell us more...
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

more info needed ...please !!!!

How did you feel when you finally made that jump? Have you settled in? Does it feel like home yet?

How's the homesickness for lovely Kiddy then ...I was there the other day...not much has changed !

Sorry for the questions, it's just so good to hear from folk who've made the move. We're all eager to know so much info.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

its been really hard, still is! weve had lots of tears, it was so upsetting leaving family and friends. It was exciting at first, a big adventure, but even now, a year later, we think shit what did we do!!! the first 3 months was ok, we were so busy, house hunting, job hunting, buying furniture etc we didnt have chance to stop and think. We gave up everything, we came over with a suitcase each. myself, hubbie and 4 daughters!!! But we are finally settling in, at last. would i do it all over again????? definately not.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:30 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

its been really hard, still is! weve had lots of tears, it was so upsetting leaving family and friends. It was exciting at first, a big adventure, but even now, a year later, we think shit what did we do!!! the first 3 months was ok, we were so busy, house hunting, job hunting, buying furniture etc we didnt have chance to stop and think. We gave up everything, we came over with a suitcase each. myself, hubbie and 4 daughters!!! But we are finally settling in, at last. would i do it all over again????? definately not.

Hiya jak

Thanks for taking the time to give us your insight. It's useful to get various peoples perspectives. We're nosy, intrigued and apprehensive and it's useful to get a feel for what's to come [good and "bad"].

I note you've said you wouldn't do it again.

Can I ask Why?

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default jak

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hiya jak

Thanks for taking the time to give us your insight. It's useful to get various peoples perspectives. We're nosy, intrigued and apprehensive and it's useful to get a feel for what's to come [good and "bad"].

I note you've said you wouldn't do it again.

Can I ask Why?

Phoenixuk2oz

Ditto to everything Phoenixuk20z said!!!!
rach & family
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's good for those of us yet to take the plunge to know what we are letting ourselves in for, good and bad.

What do you wish you had done differently?
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:35 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Blimey thats an honest post.

Unlike you though we decided that family, friends and things we gave up back home were just to good to leave behind forever so are going back.

I don't regret coming here but thats because I'am going back, ask me that if I were staying and I would probably say yes!!!!

Good luck, are you staying
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:39 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by janeyray
Blimey thats an honest post.

Unlike you though we decided that family, friends and things we gave up back home were just to good to leave behind forever so are going back.

I don't regret coming here but thats because I'am going back, ask me that if I were staying and I would probably say yes!!!!

Good luck, are you staying
Hiya janeyray

Congrats on selling the house btw

Any nearer a date for returning to UK?

PS. At least you can say you tried!

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:50 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hiya janeyray

Congrats on selling the house btw

Any nearer a date for returning to UK?

PS. At least you can say you tried!

Phoenixuk2oz
Thanks

Can't wait for our trip back. We leave Perth around 26th May.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:20 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by janeyray
Thanks

Can't wait for our trip back. We leave Perth around 26th May.

Yeh....seems once decision has been made....you just wanna move on don't you

Good luck Janey. Soon be here!

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

im glad we are here, we can say we gave it our best. Australia is a beautiful place to live, we are not going to go back to uk, not yet anyway. I think we will have to give it a couple more years to be able to say this is our home, one year is not long enough to say this is where we shall be in 20 years time!! We still get homesick, especially times like xmas. I wouldnt have done anything differently, it was exciting starting all over, we got to go shopping for all new stuff!!!!!! good luck all.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:31 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

im glad we are here, we can say we gave it our best. Australia is a beautiful place to live, we are not going to go back to uk, not yet anyway. I think we will have to give it a couple more years to be able to say this is our home, one year is not long enough to say this is where we shall be in 20 years time!! We still get homesick, especially times like xmas. I wouldnt have done anything differently, it was exciting starting all over, we got to go shopping for all new stuff!!!!!! good luck all.
Thankx for the feedback jak xx

Fingers crossed you remain happy.

Hope things work out whether you decide to stop or go back to UK

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

coll is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really happy to read an honest post,I've been here nearly two years on the Gold Coast, Brisbane!!ish,and can tell you it's still the same feeling's as yourself.
Weird huh!!,I waited two years to get my P.R Visa,and hated the U.K so much,I just couldn't wait to leave,now two years on,I can't understand why,lol.
just show's you the grass is always greener on the other side huh!!.
I will answer any questions with regards to why!!! you feel like you do.
well try to
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Tapalinga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12 months later

Hi jak
Don't worry your not on your own, been here almost 2 yrs and still can't feel settled.

Everyone keeps saying it will get easier, but perhaps i just don't want it too!!! Good luck.
I also live in Brisbane (northside) Where are u??
Angie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.