110 points!

Old Aug 24th 2002, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

summers family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 110 points!

I know its an old question now, but is anyone still proceeding with their application when they only have 110 points?? We know (or think we do!) all the options for the extra 5 points, but still would be interested in hearing about other people in our position,
as always thanks again, Carol.
Old Aug 25th 2002, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 110 points!

Originally posted by summers family:
I know its an old question now, but is anyone still proceeding with their application when they only have 110 points?? We know (or think we do!) all the options for the extra 5 points, but still would be interested in hearing about other people in our position,
Hi Carol
don't you have a way to get the extra points? I think you could be wasting your money applying with 110
Susan
Old Aug 25th 2002, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi there,
We applied back in july 2001 to london b4 the points went up
but because i'm over 40, we will have to get the last five points by putting in $100k in an approved gov trust fund.
We have already been to our building society to arrange
a remortgage or £40k just in case the rate drops out.
We are 13 months down the line with "only" ?? months to go.
(Going on baldbutts experience @5 more)
In the end we would do what ever it takes just to get the chance to get out there.
Hope this helps
Dave & Yve:scared:
Old Aug 25th 2002, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by abergas:
Hi there,
We applied back in july 2001 to london b4 the points went up
but because i'm over 40, we will have to get the last five points by putting in $100k in an approved gov trust fund.
We have already been to our building society to arrange
a remortgage or £40k just in case the rate drops out.
We are 13 months down the line with "only" ?? months to go.
(Going on baldbutts experience @5 more)
In the end we would do what ever it takes just to get the chance to get out there.
Hope this helps
Dave & Yve:scared:
Thanks for your replies, Dave & Yve we will probably need to go down the investment route, but we will have to sell to raise the cash, but then we need the money back before we go to fund our move!! tearing my hair out or what!! its so unfair'cause we applied just after the points went up!! thats just our luck. Anyway good luck to all, and please keep us posted as regards your experiences. email me at [email protected] if you want and we can swap sob stories!!

Thanks to everyone Carolx
Old Aug 25th 2002, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Hamish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carol

Two points: Firstly there's the Skill Matching option. You need to achieve the pool mark (which you have), then once you are assessed and put on the Database you are eligible to emigrate if you can find a sponsor. This can be a State Government or an employer. Each State Government has a list of occupations in short supply and if yours is on one, it is likely they will sponsor you. Alternatively, if an employer is looking for your skills, they could sponsor you.

Secondly, the pass mark is periodically changed, both up and down. This means by the time your application is assessed, it may have dropped back to 110 or less (there's plenty of time for this to happen between lodgment of application and assessment!!!)

Hope this helps,
Hamish
Old Aug 25th 2002, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Abergas,
I'm a bit confused. You said you applied in July 2001 b4 the points went up to 115. If you had 110 when you applied why do you need to get the extra 5. You're application details(age, work exp, points etc) are frozen when your application
is acknowledged by AHC. I'm sure this is right, but correct me if I'm wrong. We applied in March 2001 with 110.
Old Aug 25th 2002, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hello confused,
My fault, should have explained that we only had 105 and needed the extra 5 to get 110.
Have you heard anything from ahc yet ????
Sorry carn't help it, its my age !!!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2002, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies, Dave & Yve we will probably need to go down the investment route, but we will have to sell to raise the cash, but then we need the money back before we go to fund our move!! tearing my hair out or what!! its so unfair'cause we applied just after the points went up!! thats just our luck. Anyway good luck to all, and please keep us posted as regards your experiences. email me at [email protected] if you want and we can swap sob stories!!

Thanks to everyone Carolx
Summers lot

From what I know you do not have to put the $100,000 into the bond until the very end of the proccess and they are sure you will be granted the visa, we were doing this until the STNI stepped in and then you do not need to put the money into the bond.

Wannabe.
because he is over 40 they will only have 105 points and the bond makes it up to 110

paul:lecture:
Old Aug 25th 2002, 12:32 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

> Firstly there's the Skill Matching option.

From what's been said about the Skills Matching option, it's almost as good as buying a lottery ticket.

> Secondly, the pass mark is periodically changed, both up and down.

My memory may fail me, but I don't remember ever hearing of a passmark decrease for Australia in the past 2 to 3 years. If the number of applicants who meet the new 115 passmark is sufficient to meet targetted immigration numbers, the Australian government may have no reason to lower the passmark in the near future.

Peter
Old Aug 26th 2002, 7:51 am
Jaj

You should make sure you case officer knows you want to claim the extra 5 points from
capital investment, if you didn't make that clear on your application form.

Jeremy

>On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:00:25 +0000, abergas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hello confused, My fault, should have explained that we only had 105 and needed the
    >extra 5 to get 110. Have you heard anything from ahc yet ???? Sorry carn't help it,
    >its my age !!!!!!
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 27th 2002, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again to everyone, Jaj I will let my case officer know , thankyou.

Just a little thought to everyone out there, you are a long time dead, life is what you make it, oh, dear god I need to go Im rambling now, good luck to all,,

regards Carolx