Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

11 weeks..................still waiting!

11 weeks..................still waiting!

Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:16 pm
WBB

Default 11 weeks..................still waiting!

it has now been 11 weeks since i sent off my spouse visa application and 5 weeks since i sent off the extra information they requested.

i know they state 4 months as the maximum processing time but i have not heard of anyone going anywhere near that for a front loaded application, not even with a normal application.

with all these spouse visa's going through in less than a week or in some cases the same day it is getting even more frustrating as we want to book flights and get on with our validation trip.

i have been waiting longer than the now famous anthony kirby.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:21 pm
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 11 weeks..................still waiting!

Originally posted by WBB
it has now been 11 weeks since i sent off my spouse visa application and 5 weeks since i sent off the extra information they requested.

i know they state 4 months as the maximum processing time but i have not heard of anyone going anywhere near that for a front loaded application, not even with a normal application.

with all these spouse visa's going through in less than a week or in some cases the same day it is getting even more frustrating as we want to book flights and get on with our validation trip.

Perhaps Ceri has inside contacts.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you hear something soon WBB, we know how mischeivous you become when you get bored!
Kris
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:45 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by krissy
I hope you hear something soon WBB, we know how mischeivous you become when you get bored!
Kris
Yeah, can relate to that. Was having far too many of those 'Visa Moments' for my own good, till I got mine. Not good....

Hang on in there WBB, & try & think about nice distracting things: e.g. how Wales are gonna thrash the English in the Triple Crown (well, one can dream......!)

Anya.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:48 pm
WBB

Originally posted by anya4oz
Yeah, can relate to that. Was having far too many of those 'Visa Moments' for my own good, till I got mine. Not good....

Hang on in there WBB, & try & think about nice distracting things: e.g. how Wales are gonna thrash the English in the Triple Crown (well, one can dream......!)

Anya.
it would be nice to put one over the current world champions, and with JW not playing we will have a very good chance.

he did score all but a couple of the saesneg's points against us in the world cup.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:53 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

As my mum always say's
"It will turn up when its good and ready and when you least expect it "

Always did annoy the hell outta me that one ....

Im sure it will be here soon WBB...

Fingers crossed

S
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:24 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thursday, WBB. I will be really spooked now if it does arrived. Yesterday I predicted that one of our nursery nurses will have her baby and it will be a boy. Notice on board this morning.... Steph had a baby boy 7lb 15oz. Fingers crossed for ya!

Sarah
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:28 pm
earlswood

No Worries mate, hang in there

Earlswood

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:25 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB

with all these spouse visa's going through in less than a week
you'll be good to go

how many of these app's getting accepted are just getting the temp visa

have you found many treads where people have met the 5 year criteria and what was their timeline

probably AHC log on every day and are running a pool on how far they can push ya
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
When I was feeling a bit blue last week several comments from the forum helped me put things into perspective.
It made me realise if it doesn't happen for me it will not be the end of the world.
Yes very, very, very disappointing but not the end of the world.

Your comment was one that helped me and I gotta repeat it back to you hoping it helps you:

Chin up monsieur WBB, you know everything happens for a reason, right ? Good will come of this mate.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:33 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Bix
When I was feeling a bit blue last week several comments from the forum helped me put things into perspective.
It made me realise if it doesn't happen for me it will not be the end of the world.
Yes very, very, very disappointing but not the end of the world.

Your comment was one that helped me and I gotta repeat it back to you hoping it helps you:

Chin up monsieur WBB, you know everything happens for a reason, right ? Good will come of this mate.
i am a firm believer in fate, if it is not meant to happen it wont but like you say it does not stop you wondering what is around the corner or over the horizon.