Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

10 days in Perth

10 days in Perth

Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:10 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default 10 days in Perth

Hi everyone,
not been on for awhile due to hectic schedule of emmigrating!
dont know where to start been rushing about like headless chickens....from Centrelink to medicare to licensing centre to job centre to kids schools....I wont even start on rentals.
Got myself a UTE yesterday so I feel like a proper Aussie now. A nice Holden Rodeo crew cab. (the kids being my crew)
Found a rental in the Somerly estate at Clarkson, its only a year old so is quite nice. Now we have to furnish it before we move in.
After the expense of the UTE, new fridge, washing machine etc etc, very nearly out of cash so it looks like I have to seriously look for a job. (so Hayley tells me)

My youngest daughter started school already and she loves it, my son the teenager from hell starts monday (hurrah).

Everyone we have met so far has been great, had plenty of time for us, lets hope it stays that way.

Dont have phone or internet yet so I'm using Clarkson library (which is fantastic btw, and its free)

Gotta go now, got to see a man about a fridge.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:15 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 10 days in Perth

Sounds Great, glad your having a good time , if busy !
Don't forget a dog to go in the back of your ute !
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Hi everyone,
dont know where to start been rushing about like headless chickens....from Centrelink to medicare to licensing centre to job centre to kids schools....I wont even start on rentals.
Got myself a UTE yesterday so I feel like a proper Aussie now. A nice Holden Rodeo crew cab. (the kids being my crew)
Found a rental in the Somerly estate at Clarkson, its only a year old so is quite nice. Now we have to furnish it before we move in.
After the expense of the UTE, new fridge, washing machine etc etc, very nearly out of cash so it looks like I have to seriously look for a job. (so Hayley tells me)

My youngest daughter started school already and she loves it, my son the teenager from hell starts monday (hurrah).

Everyone we have met so far has been great, had plenty of time for us, lets hope it stays that way.

Dont have phone or internet yet so I'm using Clarkson library (which is fantastic btw, and its free)

Glad to see your settling in,have a great time
keep posting!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:18 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Paul!

Good to hear things are going well so far.

Keep us posted!!!

Take care
Petra
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:53 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by artep
Hiya Paul!

Good to hear things are going well so far.

Keep us posted!!!

Take care
Petra
cheers I will keep posting but its tricky at the moment having no internet at home. Will be up and running in a week or so though in the new rental.
Having to watch dodgy Aussie TV most evenings.....those bloody adverts.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:58 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling in, sounds like you're enjoying it anyway
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Paul
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:48 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Looks like you have hit the ground runningWill, well done.
Could you tell me where you stayed prior to acquiring you rental please...may be useful.

Dave
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:06 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

All the best with everything Pompeywill, good to see you are settling in well
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:22 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Having to watch dodgy Aussie TV most evenings.....those bloody adverts.
Try having bad tv reception to watch them too... I have more or less given up on tv!!!.....good job Neil's been done!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 2:27 am
Banned

Try having bad tv reception to watch them too... I have more or less given up on tv!!!.....good job Neil's been done!
Yeah me too, did you see the guy have a vasectomy live on TV the other night, they didnt show him the next day though when the pain kicks in! I have to content myself watching DVD's. Which are actually very cheap to rent here, about 90 pence for new releases. I rented the whole first season of the Sopranos for 6 dollars....not too shabby. (sounding like an Aussie already)
I expect the boys will be online gaming again soon, trying to kill each other now we are almost in the same time zone
Old Oct 27th 2005, 2:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mindblower
Looks like you have hit the ground runningWill, well done.
Could you tell me where you stayed prior to acquiring you rental please...may be useful.

Dave
No problem, we used getsettledinperth.co.uk
Ran by Ralph and Lyndsey, very nice people and a fantastic house in Connolly.
Swimming pool and all that.

pm me if you need their phone no. or want any more details.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see you are finally here. not from from us. nice to leave rainny old pompey. hope you settle in well, and start to enjoy the relaxed life.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:45 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

Glad you're enjoying it here. Clarkson library is great and the cafe on the side of it does a wonderful breakfast!

Steve.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:58 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

there is no aerial in our rental so we bought one of those boosted indoor ones - brilliant picture so at least I can watch neighbours now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.