1 year already!

Old Aug 27th 2006, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 year already!

Hi all sorry not been on for a while been really busy with house, D.I.Y and I've had family here for 1 month

Anyway been here a year already its gone so fast! and have to say I wouldn't change a thing.... we love it here!

We arrived on the 20th Aug... stayed on the GC Main Beach for 5 weeks in a two bed apartment. We spent most of that time looking at loads areas on the Gold Coast, Bayside and spent a few days up in Sunshine. Found it a bit of a nightmare to be honest, we just couldn't deiced on an area we'd looked as far down as Burleigh and thought on our final week we'd look at Currumbin & Elanora....and that was that. We rented for 8 months in Currumbin waters and bought our own place just around the corner in Elanora.

Chris has been very lucky with work 'he's a Waterproofer', he gets on well with everyone he works with and has been lucky as most of his work has been local.

Our kids have settled really well, my 9yo daughter really didn't want to move over here....now she loves it!... It took my 6yo son a while to settle but he's fine now.

...and me....well better get off my bum and get myself a job Anyway we're all very happy.....skint but happy! life is less stressful and calm, the kids have a great outdoor lifestyle and we have a great circle of friends.

My advice would be....do as much research with regards to work as poss, when you get over here stay calm don't panic, pin point a few areas and research them too ....but you really wont know until you get here and have had a look for yourself.....don't rush into settling in an area that in 6 months time you wont be happy in....I honestly feel that it has helped us so much being happy where we live.

We do miss our family and friends in the UK and have found the last month really difficult as my eldest sister has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer....its not been easy being so far away and hope to go back within the next few months to see her.

But for all those who are thinking of migrating or are nearly there....you've got to give it a go...so glad that we did

Sue x Happy to help with info if needed
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1 year already!

Hi Sue - good to hear that you are settled - we leave the uk in October - hard to imagine ourselves a year on, sounds like you have acheived such a lot in that time.
Sorry to hear about your sisters diagnosis - it is hard to be so far away. My Mum who lives in Oz was diagnosed with breast cancer about 18 months ago - i too found the distance difficult.
Sara
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sara1970
Hi Sue - good to hear that you are settled - we leave the uk in October - hard to imagine ourselves a year on, sounds like you have acheived such a lot in that time.
Sorry to hear about your sisters diagnosis - it is hard to be so far away. My Mum who lives in Oz was diagnosed with breast cancer about 18 months ago - i too found the distance difficult.
Sara

Thanks Sara

Not long for you then...where abouts are you heading?

All the best

Sue x
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

[QUOTE=Sara1970]Hi Sue - good to hear that you are settled - we leave the uk in October - hard to imagine ourselves a year on, sounds like you have acheived such a lot in that time.

hi so glad you have settled.and i am so sorry about your sister.im starting to feel a bit panicky were hopeing to be over in april.were staying with friends in perth for a couple of weeks and i think we have decided to rent.just feel unsure about which do you sort out first house school job etc.ive got to work asap
thanks paulax
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear life is so good... It reassures me with only a few weeks to go! Best wishes to your sister and all her family
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:33 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue,

great to hear you are doing well.
Do you still see Rachael(desp2go) ?

We are still very unsettled, didn't realise the money side would be so difficult.
We are thinking the East side may have been a better choice.

Been looking at houses in Sidcup, it soon brings you down to earth.

Good to hear from you.

Kevin
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by seasprite
Great to hear life is so good... It reassures me with only a few weeks to go! Best wishes to your sister and all her family
hi sorry uve just sent me an email and ive deleted it accidently x
Old Aug 27th 2006, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future

Not long for you then...where abouts are you heading

Nsw - looking at the Blue Mountains and the Illawara depending on jobs, schools etc.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hi so glad you have settled.and i am so sorry about your sister.im starting to feel a bit panicky were hopeing to be over in april.were staying with friends in perth for a couple of weeks and i think we have decided to rent.just feel unsure about which do you sort out first house school job etc.ive got to work asap
thanks paulax[/QUOTE]

I was a bag of nerves before hand, the final few weeks in the UK are really hard!

If possible try to just do a couple of things at a time work and areas are the most important. Try not to choose the area you settle in just because of work, but on the other hand you don't want to have a huge dive to work. Its only worth looking at schools once you know where your gonna settle. Research as much as poss on firms that you could approach for work, so you don't have to do it all when you first arrive....we approached Chris's firm before leaving the UK and it worked out for us, they gave his Resume to another company and he's been working for them ever since.

Above all stay calm give it a chance and try to enjoy it
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue2
thanks paulax

I was a bag of nerves before hand, the final few weeks in the UK are really hard!

If possible try to just do a couple of things at a time work and areas are the most important. Try not to choose the area you settle in just because of work, but on the other hand you don't want to have a huge dive to work. Its only worth looking at schools once you know where your gonna settle. Research as much as poss on firms that you could approach for work, so you don't have to do it all when you first arrive....we approached Chris's firm before leaving the UK and it worked out for us, they gave his Resume to another company and he's been working for them ever since.

Above all stay calm give it a chance and try to enjoy it [/QUOTE]
thanks for that
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

"and we have a great circle of friends."

We're glad you're here too! Wouldn't know where i'd be without you!!!
Congratulations on 12 months - we're not far behind.
Here's to the next 12mths and many, many, many more parties!!!!!!
Kaz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kevinl
Hi Sue,

great to hear you are doing well.
Do you still see Rachael(desp2go) ?

We are still very unsettled, didn't realise the money side would be so difficult.
We are thinking the East side may have been a better choice.

Been looking at houses in Sidcup, it soon brings you down to earth.

Good to hear from you.

Kevin
Hiya Kevin

Sorry to hear your feeling unsettled, what sort of work are you in again? For us money isn't as good as in the UK....but I couldn't imagine ever going back.....defiantly not to Sidcup I have got to get a job to help out, just finding one that don't effect the kids to much.

I've not spoken to Rachel for a while now, last time I did she was doing well. She has settled in the Sunshine coast, she had found work, got a rental and a dog will have to give her a call....just been really busy the past few months.

Nice to hear from you and hope things start to improve

Sue x
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karenjc
"and we have a great circle of friends."

We're glad you're here too! Wouldn't know where i'd be without you!!!
Congratulations on 12 months - we're not far behind.
Here's to the next 12mths and many, many, many more parties!!!!!!
Kaz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwwww cheers hun and likewise!!!

Good night wasn't it, really enjoyed it

Hows the snake

Sue x
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sara1970
Nsw - looking at the Blue Mountains and the Illawara depending on jobs, schools etc.

Looks really nice there you'll have to keep us posted on how you get on

All the best

Sue x
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:30 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue

Great post, glad to hear you and family have settled really well.

All the best. Sorry to hear about your sister it must be difficult being so far away. Best wishes

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.