Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1 week in. Things are good.

1 week in. Things are good.

Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:01 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 week in. Things are good.

After a week tomorrow things here in Oz are going well. The wife has scored a job as a dental assistant. I have 2 jobs on offer. Got to meet a guy tomorrow and discuss one. The other is a start on Monday. So either way i'm covered. Still staying with a mate but we are looking for an apartment. The missus is enjoying Sydney. After living in Bangkok for years, she is blown away by how beautiful Sydney is. So ye, a week in and alls good. The missus is happy so easy for me. BTW i have never seen so many mullets in one place in all my life.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 week in. Things are good.

Originally Posted by Jockstar
After a week tomorrow things here in Oz are going well. The wife has scored a job as a dental assistant. I have 2 jobs on offer. Got to meet a guy tomorrow and discuss one. The other is a start on Monday. So either way i'm covered. Still staying with a mate but we are looking for an apartment. The missus is enjoying Sydney. After living in Bangkok for years, she is blown away by how beautiful Sydney is. So ye, a week in and alls good. The missus is happy so easy for me. BTW i have never seen so many mullets in one place in all my life.
Welcome.

Are you coming to the meet/drinking on Saturday?

You would be very welcome...

S
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sounds like it is going really well.

Good luck with the job offers.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:39 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 1 week in. Things are good.

:[/QUOTE]

Superb !
Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:00 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent! Hope things work out for you.

Yeah, watch those mullets, and check shirts with ugg boots...
Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're enjoying yourselves. Welcome to Australia.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:21 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Day 1 was showing the wife around. Day 2- Beach and wife was asked if she wanted a job. Day 3 BBQ at a friends house. Day 4 was going to get TFN , banks, medicare etc. Day 5 was getting NSW licence and finishing banking stuff, Havnt got medicare as yet, The old biddy who was working the PC seemed to have no idea, So i'll go back another time. Day 5 i was offered a job Day 6 another job. Day 6 started to look at other places to live. So its generally been easy.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:24 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Day 1 was showing the wife around. Day 2- Beach and wife was asked if she wanted a job. Day 3 BBQ at a friends house. Day 4 was going to get TFN , banks, medicare etc. Day 5 was getting NSW licence and finishing banking stuff, Havnt got medicare as yet, The old biddy who was working the PC seemed to have no idea, So i'll go back another time. Day 5 i was offered a job Day 6 another job. Day 6 started to look at other places to live. So its generally been easy.
If it was anything like when I went to Medicare, they will probably want 100 points of ID, finger and retina prints, a DNA sample, and a sworn affidavit that you won't leave the country at any point in the next 10 years!

I'm still not registered, and I've been here 3 months! Stupid *#!$*%s!

S
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:44 am
Freedom!

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
If it was anything like when I went to Medicare, they will probably want 100 points of ID, finger and retina prints, a DNA sample, and a sworn affidavit that you won't leave the country at any point in the next 10 years!

I'm still not registered, and I've been here 3 months! Stupid *#!$*%s!

S

So it wasnt just me then? She asked me. Have you changed your name and lived in another state? I sais. No! She said are you sure?
%^%$4#3#4t^43 idiot.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:50 am
has lost The Game

So it wasnt just me then? She asked me. Have you changed your name and lived in another state? I sais. No! She said are you sure?
%^%$4#3#4t^43 idiot.

ROTFL!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

%^%$4#3#4t^43 idiot.

Generally it takes about 10 days for you to be put into the system by immigration. So maybe they just didn't have you on the computer yet.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Jockstar

glad you arrived saftely, good luck with your new life, and even better news your wife is liking it too, so settling in will be easier for you, good luck with the jobs

sarah-jayne & thomas
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:36 am
Freedom!

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Welcome.

Are you coming to the meet/drinking on Saturday?

You would be very welcome...

S

Sorry can't make it. We have just found a nice place in Randwick and move in tomorrow. Got heaps to do. Maybe next time?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: 1 week in. Things are good.

Sorry can't make it. We have just found a nice place in Randwick and move in tomorrow. Got heaps to do. Maybe next time?
All the best in Sydney........hope it works out for you both. Keep us informed.