Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1 month today in Aus!!!

1 month today in Aus!!!

Old Nov 26th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice
Default 1 month today in Aus!!!

What a month!!!!

We left Heathrow with Singapore Airlines, who were fantastic. Singapore airport must be one of the best airports in the world. Free internet and free games for the kids.

Australia so far, I haven't stop smilling since we arrived. We all are so settled it is untrue. We have purchased a house and move in on Monday (www.realestate.com.au) property number 102035962 if anyone is interested. We looked at prices about 450k but decided we wanted that little bit more so decided to get a morgage and go into 550k bracket so no morgage free living but what the hell its sunny!!!

Kids started school after 2 weeks and they love it, my son who has never been a big fan of school said after the first Friday i can't wait untill Monday!!

Debs started work today for Bluecare nursing and i start on Tuesday as a rep for a company based in Brisbane selling top quality wooden blinds & shutters, so if anyone is in the market from Brisbane up to the Sunshine Coast, give the dog a bone. Chose my new company car on Tuesday Holden Comm Wagon V6 in met silver with 17" alloys, cruise, auto, 6 stacker, roof bars for the surf boards!!! Well chuffed.

We went out to buy a little run about for Debs and came back with a Mitsubishi Pajero V6 4WD with loads of toys on it. Looks great but does drink the juice.

We both failed are driving test 1st time, i past second and Debs past third time lucky!!!

Tax file number and medicare sorted. Joined the local surf club, drinks & food are such good value.

Spent a fortune in Deasy's electrical on all new stuff + plasma TV ect. Great fun walking around with the salesman saying one of them, one of them and then making them go as low as they can!!

Capt Snooze for beds is great, Super A'mart is cheep
shit walked straight out. Freedom has got some lovely stuff.

Debs has started surf lessons twice a week and loves it. The kids are booked in for the first week of school holidays. Debs has also joined a pilates group and also the local gym.

All i can say is the Sunshine Coast is so bloody great and everyone is so happy to live here it just makes all very very nice people.

Best wishes, one very happy dog.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 9:46 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1 month today in Aus!!!

Originally Posted by Sydney The Dog
What a month!!!!

We left Heathrow with Singapore Airlines, who were fantastic. Singapore airport must be one of the best airports in the world. Free internet and free games for the kids.

Australia so far, I haven't stop smilling since we arrived. We all are so settled it is untrue. We have purchased a house and move in on Monday (www.realestate.com.au) property number 102035962 if anyone is interested. We looked at prices about 450k but decided we wanted that little bit more so decided to get a morgage and go into 550k bracket so no morgage free living but what the hell its sunny!!!

Kids started school after 2 weeks and they love it, my son who has never been a big fan of school said after the first Friday i can't wait untill Monday!!

Debs started work today for Bluecare nursing and i start on Tuesday as a rep for a company based in Brisbane selling top quality wooden blinds & shutters, so if anyone is in the market from Brisbane up to the Sunshine Coast, give the dog a bone. Chose my new company car on Tuesday Holden Comm Wagon V6 in met silver with 17" alloys, cruise, auto, 6 stacker, roof bars for the surf boards!!! Well chuffed.

We went out to buy a little run about for Debs and came back with a Mitsubishi Pajero V6 4WD with loads of toys on it. Looks great but does drink the juice.

We both failed are driving test 1st time, i past second and Debs past third time lucky!!!

Tax file number and medicare sorted. Joined the local surf club, drinks & food are such good value.

Spent a fortune in Deasy's electrical on all new stuff + plasma TV ect. Great fun walking around with the salesman saying one of them, one of them and then making them go as low as they can!!

Debs has started surf lessons twice a week and loves it. The kids are booked in for the first week of school holidays. Debs has also joined a pilates group and also the local gym.

All i can say is the Sunshine Coast is so bloody great and everyone is so happy to live here it just makes all very very nice people.

Great Great Great. Good to hear that aussie life is treating you good at the mo, hope it continues for a long time to come.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 9:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Glad your settling well, I know what you mean about everyone happy living here. I remember a lot more people smiling when I first came over to.
Expect some "down days" to though in the future, early days yet but sounds like a dream start for you.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

What a month!!!!

Onya !! Nice gaff !!

Here's ours, we complete 31/12...... http://www.markbrophy.com.au/photographs_mardie,10.html
Old Nov 26th 2004, 11:19 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Well, seeing all these photos makes me want to be there NOW!!!

Reasuring that everything is going well and that you are settling in.

Anyone got any more photos?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

Good to hear things have gone well for you.

Nice house and we hope you'll be very happy.

Best wishes

The Banana's !!

Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:27 pm
Anna

Peanuts100 is on a distinguished road

What a month!!!!

Wow - things have really worked out for you guys, obviously meant to be!!!

I can't wait to be in your shoes (1 month in). My hubbie and I leave UK in March 2005, so not too long!!!
Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Just sipping on a beer after another day in paradise!! We decided to give the surf a miss today and head inland. We started up atEumundi Market and then onto Mapleton and then we had a little trek down to Kondalilla falls and had a lovely cool swim and on the trek back saw 2 snakes, our first snakes in the wild very exciting!! We had to wait for a brave Aussie chap who was coming the other way down the path to move it out the way before we carried on!! We then went onto Montville which is lovely with some brill shops. Finished the day off back to Alex headland for a quick hour on my sons new Gromet board, which he loves.

Happy days!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww...your house looks lovely!! I bet you cant wait to be in it....

So pleased you are happy here in Oz. I know I would be too if we were living on the Sunshine Coast. Its one of my favourite places.

I hope things continue on the upward path for you guys...

Hels
Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

ianp will become famous soon enoughianp will become famous soon enough

Just sipping on a beer after another day in paradise!! We decided to give the surf a miss today and head inland. We started up atEumundi Market and then onto Mapleton and then we had a little trek down to Kondalilla falls and had a lovely cool swim and on the trek back saw 2 snakes, our first snakes in the wild very exciting!! We had to wait for a brave Aussie chap who was coming the other way down the path to move it out the way before we carried on!! We then went onto Montville which is lovely with some brill shops. Finished the day off back to Alex headland for a quick hour on my sons new Gromet board, which he loves.

Happy days!!!!

Hi Sydney the Dog,
I have recently come to Buderim and want to join a gym, you mentioned before your wife had found a good one, which one is it I'll check it out I've been eating too many lovely Aussie cakes and need to do something fast
many thanks,

Kath
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

What a month!!!!

Glad it's all going well, hope the happiness continues!!

I thought that you had to be working for 3 months before you could get a mortgage, do you know if this is true or not???

Thanks
Mr Tabby
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

The gym is the good life centre in Buderim Pines, but i think the surf lessons down at Alex Headland is keeping her fitter!! And we got our morgage offer after 3 weeks with no jobs!!! OK we had a very good broker and quite a large down payment on our side.

We move in tommorow, so the answer is no you don't have to be here 3 months to get a morgage.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:11 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Happy days!!!!

Glad to hear you're settling in so well. I love the Eumundi markets, though the thought of them makes my mouth burn again after sampling some of the chilli dipping sauces they sell up there

We're just sorting out our plans to build, so mid-next year all being well, we'll be looking for blinds etc.... We have them now, they're invaluable for sleeping through the hot/light early summer mornings
Old Nov 28th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic News Fantastic to hear you are really happy.
Love the house don't blame you for going that bit higher to get the house you really want.
Buderim looks a really nice place to live.
Keep us all informed hope it all works out for you.You give hope to all of us still waiting.