Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

£3600 for a 20ft container

£3600 for a 20ft container

Old Mar 13th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default £3600 for a 20ft container

does this cost seem reasonable for sole use of a 20ft container door to door (West Yorkshire to Brisbane area)? what did you pay?
Old Mar 13th 2004, 8:13 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

We are paying £2800 for a sole 20ft door to door with PSS.

..,Ben,..
Old Mar 13th 2004, 8:14 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: £3600 for a 20ft container

Originally posted by MarkandJulie
does this cost seem reasonable for sole use of a 20ft container door to door (West Yorkshire to Brisbane area)? what did you pay?
Bloody hell......what are you taking.....your actual house.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

we are paying hopefully 2900 with pss but may i ask this question

why did allied originally qoute 3900 then find out about our quote from pss and drop to 3200, thats a huge difference

may long the competition rule

arlene
Old Mar 13th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are paying £3600 for a 20ft container from somerset to Townsville. I think when asking about other peoples quotes, you have to remember that we are all travelling different distances. obvious i know, but something i didn't think about straight away.
going to adelaide is going to be quite a different price to going up to Townsville.
we are using PSS as they were the cheapest and on the whole seem to have good feedback on here. we had 3 qoutes.
Good luck with what ever you decide.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

The price is not out of order we paid similar. It depends not just on the size of the load but also what's in it.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 11:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bazfer
Hi
We are paying £3600 for a 20ft container from somerset to Townsville. I think when asking about other peoples quotes, you have to remember that we are all travelling different distances. obvious i know, but something i didn't think about straight away.
going to adelaide is going to be quite a different price to going up to Townsville.
we are using PSS as they were the cheapest and on the whole seem to have good feedback on here. we had 3 qoutes.
Good luck with what ever you decide.
that is correct Adelaide is a port of entry ,Townsville will have to be road/rail freighted from Brisbane, not cheap............. MM
Old Mar 13th 2004, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving from Halifax (w yorkshire) to Sydney and have had a quote for moving my worldy possessions from a company in Leeds called Atlantis Overseas, this is for a 450 cu ft container door to door, maybe you should try them.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point

forgot to mention that the quote was £1755 and the phone number is 0113 2789191
Old Mar 14th 2004, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removals

Hi we paid 2595 for a 20ft container,door to door and have so far received very good service.Our stuff is at the port waiting for customs clearance.We went with Simpsons down in Kent although we didn't live there,got quote on line,didn't send an assessor, turned up on day all ready to go!Really easy and straight forward.
Karen
Old Mar 14th 2004, 1:45 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

We paid 2199.00 to NZ with White and Company for a 20ft sole use container, but my sister in law has been quoted 2600.00 with the same company for the same size container to the same destination so I think it depends on the estimator you get on the day.
White and Company were good aswell, although a double extending ladder did go missing en route but nothing we could do about that because we didnt get insurance, we were told it was very rare for them to lose a whole load anyways so took the risk.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 3:40 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by michaela
I am moving from Halifax (w yorkshire) to Sydney and have had a quote for moving my worldy possessions from a company in Leeds called Atlantis Overseas, this is for a 450 cu ft container door to door, maybe you should try them.
a 20ft container holds 1050cu ft ,450 cuft is less than half a container , are paying for sole use,?....seems expensive.... MM
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by fishyben
We are paying £2800 for a sole 20ft door to door with PSS.

..,Ben,..

Do you have a contact number/email for them and do they operate down south ?
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:01 am
Just Joined

cliff and kay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi;
we're going with PSS. Excellent service so far and paying £2700 + insurance for a 20ft Reefer container.

their number is 0208 686 7733.

good luck.

Cliff
Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

What do you fit into a 20ft container? We'd probably end up taking around half of the stuff in our three bedroom house in Dundee to around Brisbane. Any suggestions as to cost etc? And can you share a container? Anyone with any experience of sharing?

Thanks

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.