Reload this Page >

£450 an hour!

£450 an hour!

Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default £450 an hour!

For all you people with furniture to sell:

We had a few bits of furniture that we didn't know what to do with. Pretty tatty as we had had them years so I was going to take them to the tip. Neighbour popped round to pick up the lawnmower and told us it was worth putting an ad in the local free adtrader. I was convinced nobody would ever pay a penny for any of it, but I now have a few empty spaces in rooms and have made £450 in an hr!

Surprising what people will pay good money for!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:22 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: £450 an hour!

Originally posted by suffolkdiva

We had a few bits of furniture that we didn't know what to do with. Pretty tatty as we had had them years so I was going to take them to the tip. Neighbour popped round to pick up the lawnmower and told us it was worth putting an ad in the local free adtrader. I was convinced nobody would ever pay a penny for any of it, but I now have a few empty spaces in rooms and have made £450 in an hr!

Excellent, thinking of doing that at the last minute myself who knows might make a few quid myself then can go on a good p..s up with family and friends but come to think of it they can pay for me and i will spend mi money on something in oz that we need...
Old Oct 8th 2003, 5:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!Glad someone had some luck with shifting stuff.
People in Brighton must be more picky. I tried the local free paper with no success, adverts at work, even got down to advertising Free to collector! Apart from a few bits from the kitchen, no takers! In fact I couldn't even get local charities interested.
Today I resorted to sitting in the middle of the office and announcing that I was about to pay a "man with a van" £45 to dump whats left. Think a few people got a guilt attack then & took pity on me - within an hour I'd shifted 2 bookcases and a bed, all for nothing but at least they're coming round to collect.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It is mad that you have to pay someone to take things away! Our council are quite good they take 4 items from you if you pay £15. Mind you it has to be booked weeks in advance, so it is not that useful.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll drag my stuff up your way Tina! £35 for an armchair down here!!!
Actually, since that last post I met up with a guy from work for a last drink,and his mate says - I'll take the beds and the bookcases! Fate is very strange, as its not the cost that was upsetting me, so much as the thought of dumping good furniture! One bookcase has been in the family since I was a kid - and now it will get a home as shelving for motorbike bits - but its needed, thats what matters.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by suffolkdiva

One man's Trash is another Man's Treasure ........
Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby has been selling our stuff over on ebay for the past few weeks. We've made a whopping £900!!!! on all our crap. Well I think it is, but obviously others don't. We had a guy from Switzaland buy a book we've had sitting on our shelf for years for £30!
Its well worth giving ebay a go.
Tazzy
Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:40 pm
Badge

You could spot me by my car boot grining inanely last year counting my money - made 400 quid on all my crap. Got rid of my credit card bill!

Surprised to see that most wares were based on baby clothes!!

Badge