Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The £12,000 cost to date

The £12,000 cost to date

Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default The £12,000 cost to date

Just thought you may be interested in our cost to move to Perth. (So far)
Tra assessment + main 136 application (including Meds, police checks and other bits and pieces £1800) Pets (cat & dog £1650) House sale,(estimated % of sale £3500) Shipping (£3500), Flights (one way 2 + 2 £1650)

Total cost to date £12,000 ($30,000) and that’s before we get there……Hopefully October
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:29 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The £12,000 cost to date

Good Luck Andy!

Yes, it's frightening when you see the figures written down!!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AndyD
Tra assessment + main 136 application (including Meds, police checks and other bits and pieces £1800) Pets (cat & dog £1650) House sale,(estimated % of sale £3500) Shipping (£3500), Flights (one way 2 + 2 £1650)

Total cost to date £12,000 ($30,000) and that’s before we get there……Hopefully October
Man i didnt add it up becuse its scary......only joking you can blow £3,000 on a family holiday, £7000 on a car, £1500 on Xmas......so it depends on your viewpoint as to whether its dear or just another expense in lifes money pit.
Personally i like the quote "were having kids when we can afford it"....lol ...lol....lol
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making me think about that I reckon we're up to about £8k.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

wow your flights were really epensve...who are you flying with?
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:10 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

FFS!!

Well that's it, MrDD's gonna have to sell his body (probably to science rather than for gratuitous nookie ).

D D
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:20 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i'd say it'll be approx 9K to step out into the warm sunshine at Perth airport, money well spent i'd say
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

All said and done including house sale....£18,000
Worth every penny...
Especially since the old house is now worth £30,000 less.

Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:08 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sudds
Man i didnt add it up becuse its scary......only joking you can blow £3,000 on a family holiday, £7000 on a car, £1500 on Xmas......so it depends on your viewpoint as to whether its dear or just another expense in lifes money pit.
Personally i like the quote "were having kids when we can afford it"....lol ...lol....lol

I've never ever spent £3K on a holiday or £7K on a car!!! :scared:
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

The costs certainly do add up - small things we didn't take into account was the cost of certifying each and every piece of paper sent with application (at one point we were quoted £5 a page!! - we didn't go with them )

However, for us, we feel it is worth it. We are still in the early stages, but we know that our life in Oz is going to be so much better.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:22 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I've set up a spreadsheet and enter everything we spend on this emigration lark. How said is that

So far, the total stands at £2,095.10. Next week we're having the medicals, so that'll add a few more £££ to the total.

Gina
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road

As everyone seems to saying much they spent, I thought I would say how little I spent:

Visa and Skills Assessment with all the meds and everything else = 1300quid
Flights = 910 quid (2 one way)
Removals = 780 quid

So all in about 3000quid!!!(still too much as far as I was concerned)

Regards Johnnet
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not difficult to end up spending a fortune on the process, we've sold all of our furniture with the house so our removal costs are low but we have spent over 9k when you include the fees for the sale of the house and sending the cats.

It will be worth it in terms of quality of life, just so long as you don't go with dreams of living like a king. Chances are we are going to be worse off financially and will certainly be needing a mortgage to buy a house but the size and quality fo the house will be beyond that which we could have afforded in the UK.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:49 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I put together a spreadsheet when we were applying working out what it was going to cost us. I broke it down into direct and indirect costs plus incidentals (like all the meets we attend). If you have Excel you can see it here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283449

We may not take the cats now, hope to get away with a 20ft container and don't intend a validation trip so it is a bit out of date. I will update it for everyone once we get out there.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:40 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnet
As everyone seems to saying much they spent, I thought I would say how little I spent:

Visa and Skills Assessment with all the meds and everything else = 1300quid
Flights = 910 quid (2 one way)
Removals = 780 quid

So all in about 3000quid!!!(still too much as far as I was concerned)

Regards Johnnet
i have to agree things seem alot more expensive these days. we got our visa 3 years ago (136) and it cost 1300 pounds plus about a 1000 for 2 one way tickets. no removals as we sold everything. when you see the cost of furniture over here why bother bringing it over. i have met too many people who regret bringing their furniture over so i think we did the right thing.i even met one dude whos missus made him bring the light fittings and then made him put them up just because they were from home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.